On the likage of socio-economic and ecologic systems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Isard, W., Smith, T. E., Isard, P., Tung, T. H., Dacey, M. (1968) General Social and Regional Theory. The M. I. T. Press, Cambridge
- Also, for each region, at the end of its listing of behaving units there would be a major row for the economic market of that region.
- Cumberland, J. H. (1966) A Regional Interindustry Model for Analysis of Development Objectives. Papers of the Regional Science Association XVII: pp. 65-94
- Odum, Eugene P. (1959) Fundamentals of Ecology. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadephia, London
- Walter Isard, Thomas W. Langford, and Eliahu Romanoff,Philadelphia Region Input-Output Study. Department of Regional Science, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (1959). Preliminary working papers and coefficient table are available from the Regional Science Research Institute, Philadelphia, I, II, III, mimeograph (1967).
- A full statement on these materials is contained in, W. Isard and C. W. Harris,A Study of Relationships between Achieving High Levels of Economic Development Consistent with the Wise Use of Continental Shelf Resources, Regional Science and Landscape Analysis Project, Department of Landscape Architecture Research Office, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University (1967).
- Ciriacy-Wantrup, S. V. (1954) The Role of Benefit-cost Analysis in Public Resource Development. Water Resources and Economic Development of the West. Committee on the Economics of Water Resources Development of the Western Agricultural Economic Research Council, Berkeley
- Lofting, E. M., McGauhey, P. H. (1963) Economic Evaluation of Water, Part III. An Interindustry Analysis of the California Economy. University of California, Water Resources Center, Berkeley
- Isard, Walter, Romanoff, Eliahu (1967) Water Use and Water Pollution Coefficients: Preliminary Report. Regional Science Research Institute-Cambridge Office, Cambridge
- Nemerow, N. L. (1963) Theories and Practices of Industrial Water Treatment. Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts
- Bower, Blair T. Economics of Industrial Water Utilization. In: Kneese, Allen V., Smitt, Stephen C. eds. (1966) Water Research. The Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore, pp. 143-73
- Standard Industrial Classification Manual. United States Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- Isard, , Langford, , Romanoff, (1967) Water Use and Water Pollution Coefficients: Preliminary Report. Regional Science Research Institute-Cambridge Office, Cambridge
- Isard, , Romanoff, (1967) Water Use and Water Pollution Coefficients: Preliminary Report. Regional Science Research Institue-Cambridge Office, Cambridge
- Delaware Estuary Comprehensive Study: Preliminary Report & Findings. The Administration, Philadelphia
- The nonwater-related coefficients were taken from the files of the Philadelphia Input-Output Study and represent a revised set of coefficients superseding those already published.
- See Isard and Harris,op. cit.,A Study of Relationships between Achieving High Levels of Economic Developent Consistent with the Wise Use of Continental Shelf Resources, Regional Science and Landscape Analysis Project, Department of Landscape Architecture Research Office, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University (1967), pp. II-63.
- Such a new town is being designed for the area south of Boston by the New Communities Project, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University.
- We have evaluted the total benefits from recreational fishing in the following way: 38,000 man-days of fishing lost mean that 12,000 fewer boat-days would be required. If each boat makes 60 trips per year, then 200 fewer boats would be needed. The Army Corps of Engineers values an outboard boat at $750 and estimates recreational benefits at 12 per cent per year, so that the benefits from one boat are estimated at $90 per year. Thus the benefits from 200 boats would be $18,000 per year. See publication by Army Corps of Engineers pertaining to improvements in Plymouth Harbor, Massachusetts, dated August, 25, 1962.
- On the likage of socio-economic and ecologic systems
Papers of the Regional Science Association
Volume 21, Issue 1 , pp 79-99
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links