Inheritance of phenotypic plasticity in soft chess,Bromus mollis L. (Gramineae)
- S. K. Jain
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Phenotypic plasticity, measured by the phenotypic variation of a genotype living under diverse environments, was shown to be under genetic control in annual grass,Bromus mollis. Genetic polymorphism and phenotypic plasticity appear to be alternative strategies of adaptation in plant populations.
- A.D. Bradshaw, Adv. Genet.13. 115 (1965).
- S.K. Jain, A. Rev. Ecol. Syst.7, 469 (1976).
- H.G. Baker, A. Rev. Ecol. Syst.5, 1 (1974).
- C.F. de Moraes, Thesis, Univ. California, Davis 1972.
- D.R. Marshall and S.K. Jain, Nature, Lond.221, 276 (1969).
- D.R. Marshall and S.K. Jain, Am. Nat.102, 457 (1968).
- K.K. Wu, Thesis, Univ. California, Davis 1974.
- C.R. Brown, Thesis, Univ. California, Davis 1976.
- Inheritance of phenotypic plasticity in soft chess,Bromus mollis L. (Gramineae)
Volume 34, Issue 7 , pp 835-836
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- S. K. Jain (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Agronomy and Range Science, University of California, 95616, Davis, California, USA