A compiler for the Alwac-Wegematic computer
- Klaus Appel
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A small algebraic compiler EASY  has recently been completed for the Wegematic 1000 drum computer. It may be of interest because of the modest effort of implementing it, and because of the unexpected growth potential it has already shown. The system consists of a compiler (1000 words of machine code), run-time subroutines (300 words), and a test program (120 words). The planning and coding of the complete system took about 2 man-months of effective time, distributed over less than a year.
- K. Appel,Reference Manual for EASY. Technical Note from the Uppsala Quantum Chemistry Group (1963), unpublished.
- E. W. Dijkstra,Making a Translator for Algol 60. Algol Bulletin Supplement nr. 10 (1961, unpublished), and Annual Review in Automatic Programming3 p. 347 (Ed. R. Goodman; Pergamon Press 1963).
- A similar method for multiple integration has been suggested by J. H. Cadwell in Comm. ACM6, 35 (1963).
- A compiler for the Alwac-Wegematic computer
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 1-5
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Klaus Appel (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Quantum Chemistry Group, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden