A storage allocation scheme for ALGOL 60
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A storage allocation scheme for a machine with a 2048-instruction core store and a magnetic drum is described. The use of the drum for storing program blocks and/or data must be directed by the programmer through auxiliary information in the ALGOL program. The administrative routines controlling the storage at run time are described in full. A detailed example is given.
- J. W. Backus, F. L. Bauer, J. Green, C. Katz, J. McCarthy, P. Naur, A. J. Perlis, H. Rutishauser, K. Samelson, B. Vauqois, J. H. Wegstein, A. van Wijngaarden, M. Woodger, Report on the Algorithmic Language ALGOL 60 (editor P. Naur). Numerische Mathematik 2 (1960) pp 106–137; Acta Polytechnica Scandinavica: Math. and Comp. Mach. Ser. no. 5 (1960); Comm. Assoc. Comp. Mach. 3 (1960), 299–314.
- J. Jensen and P. Naur, An Implementation of ALGOL 60 Procedures, BIT1 (1961) 38.
- E.W. Dijkstra, Recursive Programming, Numerische Mathematik 2 (1960) 312–318.
- A storage allocation scheme for ALGOL 60
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 1, Issue 2 , pp 89-102
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors