Regression law and the renormalization of the transport coefficients
- J. L. Del RioAffiliated withDepartment of Physics, U.A.M.-IztapalapaEscuela Superior de Física y Matemáticas del I.P.N.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Using Mazur's lemma we show that the coarse-grained variables used in nonequilibrium statistical mechanics are the Onsager's regression variables. With this result we find a regression law for the fluctuations which is both non-Markovian and nonlinear. Considering the Markovian approximation and generalizing Onsager's ideas leading to the symmetry of the transport matrix, we formulate Mori and Fujisaka's method for the renormalization of transport coefficients due to nonlinear interactions.
Key wordsCoarse-grained variables Onsager's regression variables Mazur's lemma renormalization of the transport coefficients Mori-Fujisaka method projector operator
- Regression law and the renormalization of the transport coefficients
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 34, Issue 1-2 , pp 329-343
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Coarse-grained variables
- Onsager's regression variables
- Mazur's lemma
- renormalization of the transport coefficients
- Mori-Fujisaka method
- projector operator
- Industry Sectors
- J. L. Del Rio (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Physics, U.A.M.-Iztapalapa, Mexico 13, D.F.
- 2. Escuela Superior de Física y Matemáticas del I.P.N., Zacatenco, México 14, D.F.