Multiple time scales for nonlinear systems
In this paper we extend the results on the multiple time-scale structure for linear autonomous systems of the form $$\dot x = A( \in )x$$ (cf. Coderchet al. ) to nonlinear autonomous systems. Our main result is in obtaining conditions under which the linearized system and the nonlinear system around an equilibrium point have the same time-scale structure.
- Coderch, M., Wilsky, A.S., Sastry, S.S., Castanon, D.A. (1983) Hierarchical Aggregation of Linear Systems with Multiple Time Scales. IEEE Trans-Automatic Contr. AC-28: pp. 1017-1030
- Silva-Madriz, R., Sastry, S.S. (1984) Input-Output Description of Linear Systems with Multiple Time Scales. International Journal of Control 40: pp. 699-721
- Silva-Madriz, R., and Sastry, S.S., “Frequency and Time Domain Models for Multiple Time Scale Linear Systems.” To appear Springer-Verlag collection, edited by Koktovic, P., Blankenship, G. and Bensoussan, A., 1985.
- Fenchel, N. (1979) Geometric Singular Perturbation Theory for Ordinary Differential Equations. Journal of Differential Equations 31: pp. 53-98
- Carr, J.Application of Centre Manifold Theory, 1981, Springer-Verlag.
- Sastry, S.S., Desoer, C.A. (1981) Jump Behavior of Circuits and Systems. IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems CAS-28: pp. 110-1124
- Newcomb, R.W. (1981) The Semistate Description of Nonlinear Time-Variable Circuits. IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems CAS-28: pp. 62-71
- Multiple time scales for nonlinear systems
Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing
Volume 5, Issue 1 , pp 153-169
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors