Multiple time scales for nonlinear systems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper we extend the results on the multiple time-scale structure for linear autonomous systems of the form $$\dot x = A( \in )x$$ (cf. Coderchet al. ) to nonlinear autonomous systems. Our main result is in obtaining conditions under which the linearized system and the nonlinear system around an equilibrium point have the same time-scale structure.
- Coderch, M., Wilsky, A.S., Sastry, S.S. and Castanon, D.A., “Hierarchical Aggregation of Linear Systems with Multiple Time Scales,”IEEE Trans-Automatic Contr., Vol.AC-28, Nov. 1983, pp. 1017–1030.
- Silva-Madriz, R., and Sastry, S.S., “Input-Output Description of Linear Systems with Multiple Time Scales,”International Journal of Control, Vol.40, 1984, pp. 699–721.
- Silva-Madriz, R., and Sastry, S.S., “Frequency and Time Domain Models for Multiple Time Scale Linear Systems.” To appear Springer-Verlag collection, edited by Koktovic, P., Blankenship, G. and Bensoussan, A., 1985.
- Fenchel, N., “Geometric Singular Perturbation Theory for Ordinary Differential Equations,”Journal of Differential Equations, 1979, Vol.31 pp. 53–98.
- Carr, J.Application of Centre Manifold Theory, 1981, Springer-Verlag.
- Sastry, S.S. and Desoer, C.A., “Jump Behavior of Circuits and Systems,”IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems, Vol.CAS-28, No. 12, December 1981, pp. 110–1124.
- Newcomb, R.W., “The Semistate Description of Nonlinear Time-Variable Circuits,”IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems, Vol.CAS-28, No. 1., January 1981, pp. 62–71.
- Multiple time scales for nonlinear systems
Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing
Volume 5, Issue 1 , pp 153-169
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors