Historic papers in physics — The case of Hugo Martin Tetrode, 1895–1931
- D. DieksAffiliated withFysisch Laboratorium, Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht
- , W. J. SlootenAffiliated withFysisch Laboratorium, Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It appears from the foregoing discussion that the results of citation analysis can be interpreted, in the investigated case, as indicators for either the direct use which is made of a paper in research, or for the “visibility” of its author as a pioneer in a (sub)-discipline. In the last case the citation scores primarily reflect the dynamics of the relevant scientific discipline.
More generally the case-study indicates the potential usefulness of combining citation analysis with more conventional ways of evaluating the role articles play and have played in science.
- Historic papers in physics — The case of Hugo Martin Tetrode, 1895–1931
Czechoslovak Journal of Physics B
Volume 36, Issue 1 , pp 39-42
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors