The evolution of the NOICC-SOICC programs: 1977–1987
- Russell Flanders
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The NOICC/SOICC structure is unique in government. As a network it has achieved coordination and cooperation unthought of less than a decade ago. The innovations of the state committees reduce costs to other states and add to NOICC's capability to lead. Similarly, NOICC provides leadership and funds to decrease costs to states. Working together, efficient computerized delivery systems have been installed in most states. Planners and counselors have more and accurate information at their fingertips including information in formats never before available.
The NOICC/SOICC experiment has worked. Congress has recognize this by reauthorizing the network in both education and labor legislation adding to the membership and adding to the mandates.
Although much has been achieved, considerably more needs to be accomplished for the network to reach its goals, including the potential to aid youth and adults to become full participants in the work force.
- The Vocational Education and National Institute of Education Amendments of 1976. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC
- Carl D. Perkins Vocational Education Act (Report No. 98-1129). U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC
- Dunn, W. L. (1983, Summer). Statewide Career Information Delivery Systems.Occupational Outlook Quarterly.
- Career Information Systems: Standards for Organization and Development.ETA Bulletin. U.S. Department of Labor, Washington, DC
- Federal Register (1985). National Occupational Information Coordinating Committee: Occupational Information Announcements; Notice (Vol. 50, No. 100, pp. 21394–21395, May 23, 1985). Washington, DC.
- Job Training Partnership Act, Public Law 97.300 (1982).
- The Continued Federal Role in Financing and Supporting Statewide Career Information Delivery Systems. NGA, Washington, DC
- An Analysis of the State Experiences in Financing Statewide Career Information Delivery Systems. NGA, Washington, DC
- A Study of State Occupational Information Development and Utilization Efforts. NOICC, Washington, DC
- Feasibility Study for a project on Inprovement of Occupational Information. National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC
- NOICC-Related Activities: A Review of Federal Programs. NOICC, Washington, DC
- The Framework for Developing an Occupational Information System. NOICC, Washington, DC
- The Status of the NOICC/SOICC Network, 1979. NOICC, Washington, DC
- The Occupational Information System (OIS) Handbook: Vol. 1. Occupational Information Development. NOICC, Washington, DC
- The Occupational Information System (OIS) Handbook: Vol. 2. Occupational Information Analysis, Presentation and Delivery. NOICC, Washington, DC
- A Directory of Counselor Education Courses Covering Career, Occupational, and Labor Market Information Concepts. Meridian Education Corporation, Bloomington, IL
- Status of the NOICC/SOICC Network, June 30, 1986. NOICC, Washington, DC
- The evolution of the NOICC-SOICC programs: 1977–1987
Journal of Career Development
Volume 14, Issue 3 , pp 145-159
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links