Mechanical properties of zirconium dioxide single crystals intended for structural applications
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
New structural materials (single crystals obtained from partially stabilized zirconium dioxide) were studied. It was established that their physical and mechanical properties are certainly comparable to those of the other structural materials. We obtained new information regarding the mechanical behavior of the single crystals of zirconium dioxide that would facilitate further development of the technology of these materials and guide the studies on the mechanisms of their resistance to mechanical forces under different loading conditions.
- N. Claussen, “High-temperature strengthening of zirconia-toughened ceramics,” in: Science of Hard Materials, E. A. Almond, C. A. Brookes, and R. Warren (eds.), Adam Hilger Ltd., Rhodes (1986), pp. 377–399.
- R. R. Ingel, D. Lewis, B. A. Bender, and R. W. Rice, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., No. 9, 150–152 (1982).
- G. A. Gogotsi, Ya. L. Grushevskii, V. P. Zavada, and A. N. Negovskii, Ogneupory, No. 8, 23–28 (1988); and No. 9, 33–36 (1988).
- G. A. Gogotsi, A. V. Drozdov, and M. Swein, Probl. Prochn., No. 1, 39–44 (1991).
- G. A. Gogotsi, M. Swein, and J. Davis, Ogneupory, No. 1, 2–5 (1991).
- V. I. Aleksandrov, V. V. Osiko, A. M. Prokhorov, and V. M. Tatarintsev, Usp. Khim.,47, No. 3, 385–427 (1978).
- V. V. Osiko, M. A. Borik, and E. E. Lomonova, Am. Rev. Mater. Sci.,17, 101–122 (1987).
- G. A. Gogotsi, A. V. Drozdov, and S. Yu. Peichev, Probl. Prochn., No. 1, 73–77 (1991).
- R. P. Ingel and D. Lewis, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., No. 4, 265–271 (1988).
- G. A. Gogotsi, V. P. Zavada, A. I. Fesenko, and V. I. Galenko, Crack Resistance of Zirconium Dioxide-Based Ceramics [in Russian], VINITI Report No. 269O. V89. 25.04.89 (1989).
- G. A. Gogotsi, “Mechanics and physics of fracture of brittle materials,” in: Collection of Papers, Institute of Strength of Materials, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev (1990), pp. 59–66.
- Mechanical properties of zirconium dioxide single crystals intended for structural applications
Volume 32, Issue 7-8 , pp 398-403
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors