Effect of statolon on lactate dehydrogenase virus infection in mice
- Charles G. Crispens Jr.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Statolon, an interferon inducer, was found to be effective in inhibiting the multiplication of the lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) virus in mice. Under the conditions tested, optimal protection was achieved by a single intraperitoneal injection (4.5 mg/20 to 22 g mouse) given 6 to 12 hours prior to the challenge. When various dilutions of the virus were compared, a relationship was observed between the original dose and the loss in titer at 24 hours. The results are interpreted as evidence supporting the view that interferon plays a role in the abrupt suppression of the initial high rate of LDH virus replication.
- Notkins, A. L.: Lactic dehydrogenase virus. Bact. Rev.29, 143–160 (1965).
- Riley, V.: Lactate dehydrogenase in the normal and malignant state in mice and the influence of a benign enzyme-elevating virus. Methods in Cancer Research, pp. 493–618, ed. by H. Busch. New York: Academic Press, Volume IV, 1968.
- Notkins, A. L., andS. J. Shochat: Studies on the multiplication and the properties of the lactic dehydrogenase agent. J. exp. Med.117, 735–747 (1963).
- Stark, D. M., andC. G. Crispens, Jr.: Studies on the multiplication of lactic dehydrogenase elevating agents. Experientia20, 270 (1965).
- Rowson, K. E. K., B. W. J. Mahy, andM. Bendinelli: Riley virus neutralizing activity in the plasma of infected mice with persistent viraemia. Virology28, 775–778 (1966).
- Baron, S., H. G. Dubuy, C. E. Buckler, andM. L. Johnson: Relationship of interferon production to virus growthin vivo. Proc. Soc. exp. Biol. (N.Y.)117, 338–341 (1964).
- Dubuy, H. G., andM. L. Johnson: Some properties of the lactic dehydrogenase agent of mice. J. exp. Med.122, 587–600 (1965).
- Evans, E., andV. Riley: Circulating interferon in mice infected with the lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus. J. gen. Virol.3, 449–452 (1968).
- Crispens, C. G., Jr.: Effect of actinomycin D on mice infected with the lactate dehydrogenase virus. Experientia22, 823 (1966).
- Kleinschmidt, W. J., andE. B. Murphy: Interferon induction with statolon in the intact animal. Bact. Rev.31, 132–137 (1967).
- Crispens, C. G., Jr.: On the transmission of the lactic dehydrogenase agent from mother to offspring. J. nat. Cancer Inst.34, 331–336 (1965).
- Crispens, C. G., Jr.: Effect of thymectomy on mice infected with the lactate dehydrogenase agent. J. nat. Cancer Inst.36, 81–87 (1966).
- Effect of statolon on lactate dehydrogenase virus infection in mice
Archiv für die gesamte Virusforschung
Volume 31, Issue 3-4 , pp 191-195
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Anatomy, University of Sherbrooke Faculty of Medicine, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada