Is maximum sustainable yield independent of body size for mammals (and others)?
- Eric L. CharnovAffiliated withDepartment of Biology, University of Utah
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Provided carrying capacity (K) for non-primate mammals scales with the −0.75 power of adult body weight (W), MSY (in weight) should be approximately one-sixth ofC, whereC is defined byK =CW −0.75.
Keywordspopulation dynamics mammals harvesting production
- Is maximum sustainable yield independent of body size for mammals (and others)?
Volume 7, Issue 3 , pp 309-311
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- population dynamics
- Eric L. Charnov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Biology, University of Utah, 84112, Salt Lake City, UT, USA