Modified governing equations for gas-particle nozzle flows
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A modified set of governing equations for gas-particle flows in nozzles is suggested to include the inertial forces acting on the particle phase. The problem of gas-particle flow through a nozzle is solved using a first order finite difference scheme. A suitable stability condition for the numerical scheme for gas-particle flows is defined. Results obtained from the present set of equations are compared with those of the previous set of equations. It is also found that present set of equations give results which are in good agreement with the experimental observation.
- Bailey, W. S., Nielsen, E. N., Serra, R. A., Zupnik, T. F. (1961) Gas-particle flow in an axisymmetric nozzle. ARS J 31: pp. 793
- Kliegel, J. R., Nickerson, G. R. Flow of gas-particle mixtures in axially symmetric nozzles. In: Penner, S. S., Williams, F. A. eds. (1962) Detonation and two phase flow. Academic Press, New Yorkpp. 173
- Hultberg, J. A., Soo, S. L. (1965) Two phase flow through a nozzle. Astronautica Acta II: pp. 207
- Marble, F. E.: Dynamics of a gas containing small solid particles, pp. 163. 5th AGARDO-graph Colloquium, Pergamon, 1963.
- Chang, I. S. (1980) One and two phase nozzle flows. AIAA J 18: pp. 1455
- Doi, T.: Gas-particle nozzle flows and optimum nozzle shape. Institute of Space and Astronautical Science Report, No. 596, Tokyo, Japan, 1981.
- Fujii, K., Kutler, P.: Computations of two phase supersonic nozzle flows by a space marching method. AIAA Paper 83-0041 (1983).
- Henderson, C. B. (1976) Drag coefficients of spheres in continuum and rarefied flows. AIAA J 14: pp. 707
- Temkin, S., Kim, S. S. (1980) Droplet motion induced by weak shock waves. J. Fluid Mechanics 96: pp. 135
- Baruah, C. K., Reddy, N. M. Limiting gas-particle flows — A new approach. In: Bershader, D., Hanson, R. eds. (1986) Proceedings of the 15th International symposium on shock wave and shock tube, Berkeley, USA, July 29 to August 1, 1985. Standorf University Press, Stanford, California
- Rudinger, G.: Fundamentals of gas-particle flow. Elsevier Publishing Company 1980.
- Pai, S. I. (1977) Two-phase flows. Vieweg, Braunschweig
- Modified governing equations for gas-particle nozzle flows
Volume 71, Issue 1-4 , pp 215-225
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors