Boolean and distributive ordered sets: Characterization and representation by sets
- Josef Niederle
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Boolean ordered sets generalize Boolean lattices, and distributive ordered sets generalize distributive lattices. Ideals, prime ideals, and maximal ideals in ordered sets are defined, and some well-known theorems on Boolean lattices, such as the Glivenko-Stone theorem and the Stone representation theorem, are generalized to Boolean ordered sets. A prime ideal theorem for distributive ordered sets is formulated, and the Birkhoff representation theorem is generalized to distributive ordered sets. Fundamental are the embedding theorems for Boolean ordered sets and for distributive ordered sets.
- Chajda, Ivan (1992) Complemented ordered sets,Archivum Math. (Brno)28, 25–34.
- Chajda, Ivan and Rachůnek, Jiří (1989) Forbidden configurations for distributive and modular ordered sets,Order 5, 407–423.
- Frink, Orrin (1954) Ideals in partially ordered sets,Amer. Math. Monthly 61, 223–234.
- Halaš, Radomír (1993) Pseudocomplemented ordered sets,Archivum Math. (Brno)29, 153–160.
- Larmerová, Jana and Rachůnek, Jiří (1988) Translations of distributive and modular ordered sets,Acta Univ. Palack. Olom., Math. 27, 13–23.
- Niederle, Josef (1991) Natural generalization of some lattice theory concepts to partially ordered sets,Czechoslovak Math. J. 41, 297–299.
- Paseka, Jan (in preparation) Note on distributive posets.
- Boolean and distributive ordered sets: Characterization and representation by sets
Volume 12, Issue 2 , pp 189-210
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Boolean ordered set
- distributive ordered set
- prime ideal
- maximal ideal
- representation by sets
- Industry Sectors
- Josef Niederle (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Katedra algebry a geometrie přirodovědecké fakulty Masarykovy university, Janáčkovo náměsti 2A, 66295, Brno, Czechia