Making decisions about liability and insurance: Editors' comments
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Acton, Jan and Lloyd Dixon. (1992).Superfund and Transaction Costs. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation.
- Baron, Jonathan. (in press). “Nonconsequentialist Decisions,”Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Baron, Jonathan, Rajeev Gowda, and Howard Kunreuther. (1993). “Attitudes Toward Managing Hazardous Waste: What Should Be Cleaned Up and Who Should Pay For It?”Risk Analysis 13, 183–192.
- Camerer, Colin F. and Martin Weber. (1992). “Recent Developments in Modelling Preference: Ambiguity and Uncertainty,”Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 5, 325–370.
- Committee for Economic Development. (1989).Who Should Be Liable? New York: Committee for Economic Development.
- Doherty, Neil, Paul Kleindorfer, and Howard Kunreuther. (1990). “An Insurance Perspective on an Integrated Waste Management Strategy.” In Howard Kunreuther and Rajeev Gowda (eds.),Integrating Insurance and Risk Management for Hazardous Wastes. Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Doherty, Neil and Lisa Posey. (1992) “Availability Crises in Insurance Markets,” working paper, University of Pennsylvania Risk and Decision Processes Center, Philadelphia, PA.
- Huber, Peter W. (1988).Liability: The Legal Revolution and Its Consequences. New York: Basic Books.
- Kahneman, Daniel, Paul Slovic, and Amos Tversky. (1982).Judgment Under Uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Landes, William and Richard Posner. (1987).The Economic Structure of Tort Law. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Mayers, David and Clifford Smith. (1989). “On the Corporate Demand for Insurance: Evidence from the Reinsurance Market,”Journal of Business. 63, 19–40.
- Priest, George. (1987). “The Current Insurance Crisis and Modern Tort Law,”Yale Law Journal 96, 1521–1590.
- Samuelson, William and Richard Zeckhauser. (1988). “Status Quo Bias in Decision Making,”Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 1, 7–60.
- Savage, Ian. (1993). “An Empirical Investigation Into the Effect of Psychological Perceptions on the Willingness-to-pay to Reduce Risk,”Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 6, 75–90.
- Shavell, Steven. (1987).The Economic Analysis of Accident Law. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Slovic, Paul. (1987). “Perception of Risk,”Science 236, 280–285.
- Tversky, Amos, and Daniel Kahneman. (1983). “Extensional Versus Intuitive Reasoning: The Conjunction Fallacy in Probability Judgment,”Psychological Review 90, 293–315.
- Viscusi, Kip. (1991).Reforming Products Liability. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Making decisions about liability and insurance: Editors' comments
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty
Volume 7, Issue 1 , pp 5-15
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors