Is the faith of faith development Christian faith?
- Jack T. HanfordAffiliated withFerris State University
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The major research with a theological and developmental psychological perspective on the meaning and development of faith has been produced by James Fowler of Emory University and the Candler School of Theology. In this paper, I will present challenges by important critics who pose a significant question. Is this faith of the faith development research Christian faith? To provide an initial answer to the question, I will offer brief summaries of some of Fowler's writings that he has listed as most important for responding to the question. I will also present evidence from his writings and from the writings of other authors that he is indeed interpreting Christian faith.
- Is the faith of faith development Christian faith?
Volume 42, Issue 2 , pp 95-105
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links
- Jack T. Hanford (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Ferris State University, Johnson Hall 120, 49307, Big Rapids, MI