Child sexual abuse and pornography: Is there a relationship?
- Dean D. KnudsenAffiliated withDepartment of Sociology and Anthropology, Purdue University
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Sexual abuse is now a major form of child maltreatment; however, the causes of such exploitation are obscure. A review of official reports and other research indicate that the circumstances surrounding sexual abuse are inadequately specified to allow specific causal interpretations. The role of pornography in contributing to such abuse is explored by reviewing laboratory studies and the circumstances of child sexual abuse. An assessment of the research literature suggests that pornography is a minor and indirect influence on child sexual maltreatment.
Key wordschild sexual abuse child maltreatment child pornography
- Child sexual abuse and pornography: Is there a relationship?
Journal of Family Violence
Volume 3, Issue 4 , pp 253-267
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- child sexual abuse
- child maltreatment
- child pornography
- Dean D. Knudsen (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Purdue University, 47907, West Lafayette, Indiana