Symmetry and bifurcation in three-dimensional elasticity. Part II
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Communicated by S.Antman
J. E.Marsden's research was supported in part by the U.S. National Science Foundation under Grant MCS-81-07086, by the Miller Institute, and by a contract from the Department of Energy, DE-AT03-82ER12097. Y. H.Wan's research was partially supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation under Grant MCS-81-02463 and the Department of Energy, Contract DE-AT03-82ER12097. D. R. J.Chillingworth's research was partially supported by the U. K. Science Research Council through the University of Warwick, 1980.
- Adeleke, S. A. (1980) Stability of some states of plane deformation. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 72: pp. 243-263
- Arms, J. M., Marsden, J. E., Moncrief, V. (1981) Symmetry and bifurcation of momentum maps. Comm. Math. Phys. 78: pp. 455-478
- J. M.Ball & D.Schaeffer . Bifurcation and stability of homogeneous equilibrium configurations of an elastic body under dead load tractions (preprint).
- Capriz, G., Podio Guidugli, P. (1974) On Signorini's perturbation method in nonlinear elasticity. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 57: pp. 1-30
- Chillingworth, D. R. J., Marsden, J. E., Wan, Y. H. (1982) Symmetry and Bifurcation in three dimensional elasticity, Part I. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 80: pp. 295-331
- Dancer, E. (1980) On the existence of bifurcating solutions in the presence of symmetries. Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinb. 85: pp. 321-336
- Fichera, G. In: Truesdell, C. eds. (1972) Existence theorems in elasticity. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, pp. 347-389
- Golubitsky, N., Schaeffer, D. (1979) Imperfect bifurcation in the presence of symmetry. Commun. Math. Phys. 67: pp. 205-232
- Grioli, G. (1962) Mathematical Theory of Elastic Equilibrium. Ergebnisse der Angew. Math. #67. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York
- Gromoll, D., Meyer, W. (1969) On differentiable functions with isolated critical points. Topology 8: pp. 361-369
- Hale, J. K., Taboas, P. Z. (1980) Bifurcation near degenerate families. Journal of Applicable Anal. 11: pp. 21-37
- J. E.Marsden & Y. H.Wan . Linearization stability and Signorini Series for the traction problem in elastostatics.Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh (to appear).
- M.Reeken . Stability of critical points under small perturbations,Manuscripta Math. 69–72.
- Signorini, S. (1930) Sulle deformazioni termoelastiche finite. Proc. 3rd Int. Cong. Appl. Mech. 2: pp. 80-89
- Stoppelli, F. (1955) Sulla sviluppabilitá in serie di potenze di un parametro delle soluzioni delle equazioni dell'elastostatica isoterma. Ricerche Mat. 4: pp. 58-73
- Stoppelli, F. (1958) Sull'esistenza di soluzioni delle equazioni dell'elastostatica isoterma nel caso di sollecitazioni dotate di assi di equilibrio. Richerce Mat. 6: pp. 241-287
- Truesdell, C., Noll, W. In: Flügge, S. eds. (1965) The Nonlinear Field Theories of Mechanics. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York
- Y. H.Wan . The traction problem for incompressible materials (preprint).
- Weinstein, A. (1978) Bifurcations and Hamilton's principle. Math. Zeit. 159: pp. 235-248
- Symmetry and bifurcation in three-dimensional elasticity. Part II
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis
Volume 83, Issue 4 , pp 363-395
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors