Bicriterion differential games with qualitative outcomes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Combat games are studied as bicriterion differential games with qualitative outcomes determined by threshold values on the criterion functions. Survival and capture strategies of the players are defined using the notion of security levels. Closest approach survival strategies (CASS) and minimum risk capture strategies (MRCS) are important strategies for the players identified as solutions to four optimization problems involving security levels. These are used, in combination with the preference orderings of the qualitative outcomes by the players, to delineate the win regions and the secured draw and mutual kill regions for the players. It is shown that the secured draw regions and the secured mutual kill regions for the two players are not necessarily the same. Simple illustrative examples are given.
- Isaacs, R.,Differential Games, John Wiley and Sons, New York, New York, 1965.
- Blaquiere, A., Gerard, F., andLeitmann, G.,Quantitative and Qualitative Games, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1969.
- Ardema, M. D., Heymann, M., andRajan, N.,Combat Games, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 391–398, 1985.
- Ardema, M. D., Heymann, N., andRajan, N.,Analysis of a Combat Problem: The Turret Game, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 23–42, 1987.
- Shinar, J., andDavidovitz, A.,Unified Approach for Two-Target Game Analysis, Proceedings of the 10th IFAC World Congress on Automatic Control, Munich, West Germany, 1987.
- Ghose, D., andPrasad, U. R.,Qualitative Analysis of Secured Outcome Regions for Two-Target Games, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 68, No. 2, pp. 233–255, 1991.
- Getz, W. M., andPachter, M.,Two-Target Pursuit-Evasion Differential Games in the Plane, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 383–403, 1981.
- Getz, W. M., andPachter, M.,Capturability in a Two-Target Game of Two-Cars, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 15–21, 1981.
- Prasad, U. R., andGhose, D.,Formulation and Analysis of Combat Problems as Zero-Sum Bicriterion Differential Games, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 59, No. 1, pp. 1–24, 1988.
- Ghose, D., andPrasad, U. R.,Multicriterion Differential Games with Applications to Combat Problems, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 18, No. 1–3, pp. 117–126, 1989.
- Breakwell, J. V.,Comment on “To Pursue or to Evade—That is the Question,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 127–128, 1986.
- Bicriterion differential games with qualitative outcomes
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 69, Issue 2 , pp 325-341
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Game theory
- differential games
- bicriterion games
- combat games
- Pareto optimality
- security levels
- outcome regions
- two-target games
- multicriterion games
- games with vector payoffs
- Industry Sectors