Planar pursuit-evasion with variable speeds, part 2, barrier sections
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An iterative method of constructing sections of the game surfaces from the players' extremal trajectory maps is discussed. Barrier sections are presented for aircraft pursuit-evasion at constant altitude, with one aircraft flying at sustained speed and the other varying its speed.
- Isaacs, R. (1965) Differential Games. John Wiley and Sons, New York, New York
- Merz, A. W. The Game of Two Identical Cars. In: Leitmann, G. eds. (1976) Multicriteria Decision Making and Differential Games. Plenum Press, New York, New York
- Peng, W. Y., Vincent, T. L. (1975) Some Aspects of Aerial Combat. AIAA Journal 13: pp. 7-11
- Breakwell, J. V., Merz, A. W. (1977) Minimum Required Capture Radius in a Coplanar Model of the Aerial Combat Problem. AIAA Journal 15: pp. 1089-1094
- Merz, A. W., Hague, D. S. (1977) Coplanar Tail-Chase Aerial Combat as a Differential Game. AIAA Journal 15: pp. 1419-1424
- Lynch, U. H. D.,Differential Game Barriers and Their Application in Air-to-Air Combat, Air Force Institute of Technology, PhD Thesis, 1973.
- Kelly, H. J., Lefton, L. (1977) Calculation of Differential Turning Barrier Surfaces. Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets 14: pp. 87-95
- Roberts, D. A., andMontgomery, R. C.,Development and Application of a Gradient Method for Solving Differential Games, NASA Langley Research Center, Report No. TND-6502, 1971.
- Leatham, A. L., andLynch, U. H. D.,Two Numerical Methods to Solve Realistic Air-to-Air Combat Differential Games, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Paper No. 74–22, 1974.
- Anderson, G. M. (1974) A Near-Optimal Closed-loop Solution Method for Nonsingular Zero-Sum Differential Games. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 13: pp. 303-318
- Jarmark, B. S. A.,Near-Optimal Closed-Loop Strategy for Aerial Combat Games, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, Report No. TRITA-REG-7602, 1976.
- Prasad, U. R., Rajan, N., Rao, N. J. (1981) Planar Pursuit-Evasion with Variable Speeds, Part 1, Extremal Trajectory Maps. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 33: pp. 401-418
- Rajan, N.,Differential Game Analysis of Two Aircraft Pursuit-Evaasion, Indian Institute of Science, PhD Thesis, 1978.
- Planar pursuit-evasion with variable speeds, part 2, barrier sections
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 33, Issue 3 , pp 419-432
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- game barriers
- differential games
- aerial combat
- Industry Sectors