Basicity of amines of the piperidine series and dependence of the basicity upon steric and polar factors
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The dependence of the basicity of substituted N-methylpiperidines upon the nature and steric orientation of the substituents was investigated.
The value of the basicity constant is determined chiefly by the nature and steric orientation of the polar substituent.
The basicity constant ofγ-piperidines, possessing an alkyl substituent at C2, depends upon the steric orientation of this substituent.
- S. Hünig and M. Kiessel, J. Prakt. Chem.,1958, 224.
- H. K. Hall, Jr., J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,79, 5445 (1957).
- H. K. Hall, Jr., J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,79, 5441 (1957).
- H. K. Hall, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,78, 2570 (1956).
- P. F. Smith and W. H. Hartung, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,75, 3859 (1953); T. A. Geissman, B. D.Wilson, and R. B. Medz, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,76, 4182 (1954).
- B. L. Lenitz, C. M. Martini, M. Priznar, and F. C. Nachod, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,74, 5564 (1952).
- V. Prelog and O. Häfliger, Helv. chim. acta,33, 2021 (1950).
- H. O. House, H. C. Müller, C. G. Pitt, and P. P. Wickham, J. Organ. Chem.,28, 2407 (1963).
- W. J. Close, J. Organ. Chem.,15, 1131 (1950).
- J. Sicher, M. Tichy, F. Sipos, M. Svoboda, and J. Jonas, Coll. Czechosl. Chem. Comm.,29, 1561 (1964).
- Basicity of amines of the piperidine series and dependence of the basicity upon steric and polar factors
Bulletin of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Division of chemical science
Volume 16, Issue 4 , pp 760-764
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors