An equation of state for dense nitrogen
- V. F. Anisichkin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An empirical equation of state for nitrogen at high pressure and density is considered. It is shown that for nitrogen at densities greater than 0.6 g/cm3, by using available data [1–3] on static compression of gaseous nitrogen and shock compression of liquid nitrogen, it is possible to construct a Mie-Grüneisen type equation of state which gives a pressuredensity relationship close to experiment along the shock adiabat of liquid nitrogen and agrees with the calculations of other authors for temperature values beyond the shock-wave front [2–3]. Heat capacity, entropy, and Grüneisen coefficient values beyond the shock-wave front in liquid nitrogen are calculated.
- Tsiklis, D. S., Polyakov, E. V. (1967) Measurement of gas compressibility by the displacement method. Compressibility of nitrogen at pressures up to 10,000 atm and temperatures to 400 °. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 176: pp. 308
- Zubarev, V. N., Telegin, G. S. (1962) Shock compressibility of liquid nitrogen and solid carbon dioxide. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 142: pp. 309
- Dick, Richard D. (1970) Shock compression of benzene, carbon disulfide, carbon tetrachloride, and liquid nitrogen. J. Chem. Phys. 52: pp. 6021
- N. A. Zykov and R. M. Sevast'yanov, “Materials for computation of gasdynamic apparatus with high nitrogen braking parameters,” Tr. TsAGI, No. 1329 (1971).
- J. O. Hirschfelder, C.F. Curtiss, and R. B. Bird, Molecular Theory of Gases and Liquids, Wiley (1964).
- Zel'dovich, Ya. B., Raizer, Yu. P. (1966) Physics of Shock Waves and High-Temperature Hydrodynamic Phenomena [in Russian]. Nauka, Moscow
- Nikolaevskii, V. N. eds. (1973) High-Speed Shock Phenomena [Russian translation]. Mir, Moscow
- Zharkov, V. N., Kalinin, V. A. (1968) Equations of State of Solids at High Pressures and Temperatures [in Russian]. Nauka, Moscow
- Al'tshuler, L. V., Kormer, S. B., Bakanova, A. A., Trunin, R. F. (1960) Equations of state for aluminum, copper, and lead in the high-pressure region. Zh. Éksp. i Teor. Fiz. 38: pp. 790
- Gurtman, G. A., Kirsch, J. W., Hastings, C. R. (1971) Analytical equations of state for water compressed to 300 kbar. J. Appl. Phys. 42: pp. 851
- Landau, L. D., Lifshits, E. M. (1964) Statistical Physics [in Russian]. Nauka, Moscow
- Scott, R. B. (1962) Low-Temperature Techniques [Russian translation]. Inostr. Lit., Moscow
- V. M. Titov and V. V. Silvestrov, “Generation of high-velocity flows by rarefaction of shock-compressed liquid gases,” in: Ninth International Shock Tube Symposium, Stanford (1973).
- Thiel, M., Alder, B. J. (1966) Shock compression of argon. J. Chem. Phys. 44: pp. 1056
- Thiel, M., Ross, M., Hord, B. L., Mitchell, A. C., Gust, W. H., D'Addario, M. J., Keeler, R. N., Boutwell, K. (1973) Shock-wave compression of liquid deuterium to 0.9 mbar. Phys. Rev. Lett. 31: pp. 979
- An equation of state for dense nitrogen
Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 66-70
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- V. F. Anisichkin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Moscow