The relationship between urbanization and socio-economic development in the Sudan
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The study of urbanization has, in recent years, assumed increasing importance in developing countries not only because these countries are in the process of facing rapid urbanization, but also because the process of urbanization has been recognized as a part of a larger process of economic and social change which is affecting the rural areas.
- Baster, N.: Development Indicators: An Introduction. Measuring Development (1972)
- Comrey, A. L.: First Course in Factor Analysis. Academic Press, New York 1973.
- Drewnowski, J.: Social Indicators and Welfare Measurement: Remark on Methodology. The Journal of Development Studies 8, 3 (1972)
- Ewusi, K.: Analysis of Socio-economic Variables as Indicators of Development. A Seminar Paper Presented at ISSER, University of Ghana, 1976.
- Goldstein, S.; Sly, D.: Basic Data Needed for Study of Urbanization, IUSSR.
- Harman, H.: Modern Factor Analysis. Chicago 1967.
- Hauser, P. M.: Handbook for Social Research in Urbanization. UNESCO 1966.
- Kendall, M.: A Course in Multivariate Analysis, Fifth Impression, Griffin, London 1972.
- McGranaham, D. W.: Development Indicators and Development Models. In: Measuring Development (1972)
- Muliak, S. A.: The Foundation of Factor Analysis. McGraw Hill Inc., USA 1972.
- Department of Statistics: Sudan Third Population Census, 1983. Khartoum 1987.
- The relationship between urbanization and socio-economic development in the Sudan
Volume 18, Issue 4 , pp 369-377
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links