Strong metal-support interaction in Ni/TiO2 catalysts: in situ EXAFS and related studies
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In situ EXAFS and X-ray diffraction investigations of Ni/TiO2 catalysts show that NiTiO3 is formed as an intermediate during calcination of catalyst precursors prepared by the wet-impregnation method; the intermediate is not formed when ion-exchange method is used for the preparation. On hydrogen reduction, NiTiO3 gives rise to Ni particles dispersed in the TiO2(rutile) matrix. The occurrence of the anatase-rutile transformation of the TiO2 support, the formation and subsequent decomposition/reduction of NiTiO3 as well as the unique interface properties of the Ni particles are all factors of importance in giving rise to metal-support interaction. Active TiO2(anatase) prepared from gel route gives an additional species involving Ni3+.
- S.J. Tauster, S.C. Fung, R.T.K. Baker and J.A. Horsley, Science 211 (1981) 1121.
- G.L. Haller and D.E. Resasco, Adv. Catal. 36 (1989) 173.
- H. Yoshitake and Y. Iwasawa, J. Phys. Chem. 96 (1992) 1329.
- S.J. Tauster, S.C. Fung and R.L. Garten, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 100 (1978) 170.
- J. Santos, J. Phillips and J.A. Dumesic, J. Catal. 81 (1983) 147.
- M.G. Sanchez and J.L. Gazquez, J. Catal. 104 (1987) 120.
- L. Wang, G.W. Qiao, H.G. Ye, K.H. Kuo and Y.X. Chen, in:Proc. 9th Int. Congress on Catalysis, Vol. 3, Calgary 1988, eds. M.J. Phillips and M. Ternan (Chem. Inst. Canada, Ottawa, 1988) p. 1253.
- A.R. Gonzalez-Elipe, A. Fernandez, J.P. Espinos and G. Munuera, J. Catal. 131 (1991) 51.
- D.E. Resasco, PhD Thesis, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA (1983).
- G. Sankar, C.N.R. Rao and T. Rayment, J. Mater. Chem. 1 (1991) 299.
- G. Sankar, K.R. Kannan and C.N.R. Rao, Catal. Lett. 8 (1991) 27.
- H.C. Zurloye, J.A. Fallens and A.M. Stacy, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 108 (1986) 8104.
- G.U. Kulkarni, G. Sankar and C.N.R. Rao, Z. Phys. B73 (1989) 529.
- H. Kuroda, T. Yokoyama, K. Asakura and Y. Iwasawa, Faraday Discussions Chem. Soc. 92 (1991).
- A.R. Gonzalez-Elipe, J.P. Holgado, R. Alvarez and G. Munuera, J. Phys. Chem. 96 (1992) 3080.
- X.Z. Jiang, B.H. Song, Y. Chen and Y.W. Wang, J. Catal. 102 (1986) 257.
- Strong metal-support interaction in Ni/TiO2 catalysts: in situ EXAFS and related studies
Volume 17, Issue 1-2 , pp 29-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Baltzer Science Publishers, Baarn/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- strong metal-support interaction
- Ni/TiO2 catalyst
- EXAFS of catalysts
- Industry Sectors