On the detectability of antimatter propulsion spacecraft
- Michael J. HarrisAffiliated withDepartment of Astronomy, University of Texas
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is shown that the NASA Gamma-Ray Observatory will be able to detect large interstellar spacecraft at distances up to ∼ 300 pc by the γ-ray emission from the propulsion system alone. The distance limit is set by the possibility of recognizing such objects by their proper motions.
- On the detectability of antimatter propulsion spacecraft
Astrophysics and Space Science
Volume 123, Issue 2 , pp 297-303
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Astronomy, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.A.