Effect of inclination on laminar film condensation
- H. R. Nagendra
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The effect of inclination on laminar film condensation over and under isothermal flat plates is investigated analytically. The complete set of Navier Stokes equations in two dimensions is considered. Analysed as a perturbation problem, the zero-order perturbation represents the boundary layer equations. First and second order perturbations are solved to bring about the leading edge effects. Corresponding velocity and temperature profiles are presented. The results show decrease in heat transfer with larger ∥inclinations∥ from the vertical. Comparison with experimental data of Gerstmann and Griffith indicates a closer agreement of the present results than the analytical results of the same authors.
- Nusselt, W., Z.V.D.I. 60 (1916) 541 and 569.
- Sparrow, E. M. and J. L. Gregg, J. of Heat Transfer, Trans. ASME, Series C 81 (1959) 13.
- Koh, J. C. Y., J. of Heat Transfer, Trans. ASME, Series C 83 (1961) 359.
- Koh, J. C. Y., E. M. Sparrow, and J. P. Hartnett, Int. J. of Heat Mass Transfer 2 (1961) 69. CrossRef
- Gerstmann, J. and P. Griffith, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 10 (1967) 567. CrossRef
- Hassan, K. E. and M. Jakob, Trans. ASME 80 (1958) 887.
- Yang, K. T. and W. M. Jaeger, J. of Heat Transfer, Trans. ASME, Series C 86 (1964) 107.
- Kierkus, W. T., Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 11 (1968) 241. CrossRef
- Effect of inclination on laminar film condensation
Applied Scientific Research
Volume 28, Issue 1 , pp 261-277
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- H. R. Nagendra (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Dept. of Mech. Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - 12, India