Popper's critique of Marx
- Richard HudelsonAffiliated withUniversity of Minnesota
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Even if one accepts Popper's critique of Marx, most of Marx's economics remain immune from this criticism.
Marx did not hold many of the tenets of historicism.
Popper has failed to show that there cannot be laws of social development.
Popper has failed to show that we cannot know laws of social development.
Marx does not confuse trends and laws in the way that Popper suggests and makes basic to this critique of historicism.
- Popper's critique of Marx
Volume 37, Issue 3 , pp 259-270
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Richard Hudelson (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Minnesota, Duluth