Numerical solution of Cauchy type singular integral equations with logarithmic weight, based on arbitrary collocation points
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Singular integral equations with a Cauchy type kernel and a logarithmic weight function can be solved numerically by integrating them by a Gauss-type quadrature rule and, further, by reducing the resulting equation to a linear system by applying this equation at an appropriate number of collocation points x k. Until now these x k have been chosen as roots of special functions. In this paper, an appropriate modification of the original method permits the arbitrary choice of x k without any loss in the accuracy. The performance of the method is examined by applying it to a numerical example and a plane crack problem.
- Danloy, B. (1973): Numerical construction of Gaussian quadrature formulas for 29-1. Math. Comput. 27, 861–869
- Erdogan, F.; Gupta, G. D.; Cook, T. S. (1973): Numerical solution of singular integral equations. In: Sih, G. C. (ed): Mechanics of fracture, vol. 1, Leyden: Noordhoff
- Erdogan, F.; Biricikoglu, V. (1973): Two bonded half planes with a crack going through the interface. Int. J. Eng. Sci. 11, 745–766
- Erdogan, F.; Cook, T. S. (1974): Antiplane shear crack terminating at and going through a bimaterial interface. Int. J. Fract. 10, 227–240
- Junghanns, P.; Silbermann, B. (1981): Zur Theorie der Näherung verfahren für singuläre Integralgleichungen auf Intervallen. Math. Nachr. 103, 199–244
- Ioakimidis, N. I. (1976): General methods for the solution of crack problems in the theory of plane elasticity. Doctoral Thesis at the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Univ. Microfilms order no. 76-21, 056
- Ioakimidis, N. I. (1980): The numerical solution of crack problems in plane elasticity in the case of loading discontinuities. Eng. Fract. Mech. 13, 709–716
- Ioakimidis, N. I. (1981): On the natural interpolation formula for Cauchy type integral equations of the first kind. Computing 26, 73–77
- Ioakimidis, N. I. (1984): Application of interpolation formulas to the numerical solution of singular integral equations. Serdica 10, 78–87
- Ioakimidis, N. I.; Theocaris, P. S. (1980): On the selection of collocation points for the numerical solution of singular integral equations with generalized kernels appearing in elasticity problems. Comput. Struct. 11, 289–295
- Kulich, N. V. (1974): The computation of certain Cauchy-type integrals and singular integrals with logarithmic singularities. Versi Akademii Navuk BSSR-Seriya Fizika-Matematychnykh 1, 90–94
- Muskhelishvili, N. I. (1975): Some basic problems of the mathematical theory of elasticity. Leyden: Noordhoff
- Stroud, A. H.; Secrest D. (1966): Gaussian quadrature formulas. Englewood, Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall
- Theocaris, P. S.; Chrysakis, A. C.; Ioakimidis, N. I. (1979): Cauchy-type integrals and integral equations with logarithmic singularities. J. Eng. Math. 13, 63–74
- Tsamasphyros, G.; Theocaris, P. S. (1976): Sur une méthode génerale de quadrature des integrales du type Cauchy. Balkan Conference of Applied Mathematics in Salonica.
- Tsamasphyros, G.; Theocaris, P. S. (1979): Numerical solution of systems of singular equations with variable coefficients. Appl. Anal. 7, 37–52
- Tsamasphyros, G.; Theocaris, P. S. (1981a); Are special collocation points necessary for the numerical solution of singular integral equations? Int. J. Fract. 17, R21-R24.
- Tsamasphyros, G.; Theocaris, P. S. (1981b): Equivalence and convergence of direct and indirect methods for the numerical solution of singular integral equations. Computing 27, 71–80
- Tsamasphyros, G. (1986): A study of factors influencing the solution of singular integral equations. Eng. Fract. Mech. 24, 567–578
- Numerical solution of Cauchy type singular integral equations with logarithmic weight, based on arbitrary collocation points
Volume 7, Issue 1 , pp 21-29
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors