Symmetric binary B-Trees: Data structure and maintenance algorithms
- Prof. Dr. Rudolf Bayer
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A class of binary trees is described for maintaining ordered sets of data. Random insertions, deletions, and retrievals of keys can be done in time proportional to log N where N is the cardinality of the data-set. Symmetric B-Trees are a modification of B-trees described previously by Bayer and McCreight. This class of trees properly contains the balanced trees.
- Adelson-Velskii, G. M., Landis, E. M. (1962) An information organization algorithm. DANSSSR 146: pp. 263-266
- Bayer, R., McCreight, E. M. (1972) Organization and maintenance of large ordered indexes. Acta Informatica 1: pp. 173-189
- Bayer, R.: Binary B-trees for virtual memory. Proceedings of 1971 ACM SIGFIDET Workshop on Data Description, Access and Control, edited by E. F. Codd and A. L. Dean. pp. 219–235 (Nov. 11–12, 1971), San Diego.
- Foster, C. C.: Information storage and retrieval using AVL-trees. Proc. ACM 20th Nat'l. Conf., p. 192–205. 1965.
- Knott, G. D.: A balanced tree structure and retrieval algorithm. Proc. of Symposium on Information Storage and Retrieval, Univ. of Maryland, April 1–2, 1971, PP. 175–196.
- Knuth, D. E.: The art of computer programming, vol. 1. Addison-Wesley, 1969.
- Nievergelt, J., Reingold, E. M.: Binary search trees of bounded balance. To appear, Proceedings of 4th ACM SIGACT Conference 1972.
- Symmetric binary B-Trees: Data structure and maintenance algorithms
Volume 1, Issue 4 , pp 290-306
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Mathematisches Institut der Technischen Universität, München, Arcisstr. 21, D-8000, München 2, Federal Republic of Germany