Pornography and sexual abuse of women
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This research was sponsored through the Delancey Street Foundation by the National Center for the Prevention and Control of Rape, National Institute of Mental Health, Grant Number RO1 MH 32782, Mimi H. Silbert, Principal Investigator. We would like to thank Teri Lynch, Auristela Frias, JoAnn Mancuso, Charlotte Martin, and Alice Watson for their assistance in developing the instrument and in collecting the data.
Correspondence should be sent to Mimi H. Silbert, President, Delancey Street Foundation, 2563 Divisadero Street, San Francisco California 94115. For reprints, send stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Baker, C. D. Preying on playgrounds: The exploitation of children in pornography and prostitution. Pepperdine Law Review, 1978, 5(3), 809–846.
- Barnes, C., Introduction. The Report of the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography. New York: Bantam Books, 1970.
- Bart, P. & Jozsa, M. Dirty books, dirty films and dirty data. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Bronsonbrenner, Urie. Two worlds of childhood. New York: Russel Sage Foundation, 1970.
- Brownmiller, Susan. Against our will: Men, women and rape. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1975.
- Casey, C. E. Pornography and obscenity. International Association of Chiefs of Police, 1978.
- Densen-Gerber, J. Medical, legal and societal problems involving children: Child prostitution, child pornography and drug-related abuse — Recommended legislation. Baltimore, Maryland: University Park Press, 1978.
- Diamond, Irene. Pornography and repression. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Ditkoff, M. Child pornography. American Humane Society Magazine, Denver, Colorado, 1978, 16(4), 36.
- Donnerstein, Edward. Pornography and violence against women: Experimental studies. Annals of the New York Academy of Science, 1980.
- Eysenck, H. J., & Nias, D. K. B. Sex, violence and the media. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1978.
- Feshbach, Seymore, & Malanutt, Neil. Sex and aggression: Proving the link. Psychology Today, November, 1978, 12(6), 11–117.
- Fox, R. G. Censorship policy and child pornography. Australia Law Review, 1978, 52(7), 361–371.
- Gager, N., & Schurr, C. Sexual assault: Confronting rape in America. New York: Grosset and Dunlap, 1976.
- Goldstein, Michael, Kant, Harold, and Hartman, John. Pornography and sexual deviance. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1973.
- Heinrich, B. Extent of child pornography in Texas. Texas Legislative House Select Committee on Child Pornography, Austin, Texas, 1978.
- Howard, J. L., et al. Is pornography a problem? The Journal of Social Issues, 1973, 29(3), 183–196.
- Jones, Ann. A little knowledge. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Kaminer, Wendy. Pornography and the fifth amendment: Prior restraints and private action. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Kant, H. S. Pornography and its effect. From Leonard D. Savitz and Norma Johnson, “Crime and Society,” Psychology Today, 1976, 6(7), 61–64.
- Kronhausen, Phyllis, & Kronhausen, Ebehad. Pornography and the law. New York: Ballentine Books, 1959.
- Kutchinski, Berl. The effect of easy availability of pornography on the incidence of sex crimes: The Danish empire. The Journal of Social Issues, 1973, xxix(3), 163–181.
- Lederer, Laura. Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Lloyd, Robin. For love or money. New York: Vanguard Press, 1976.
- Longino, Helen. Pornography, oppression and freedom: A closer look. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Lowen, Jan. Juvenile prostitution and child pornography. Center for Law and Justice, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1978.
- Morgan, Robin. Theory and practice: Pornography and rape. Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Mosler, Donald. Sex callousness toward women. Technical Reports of the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography, 1971, 8, 314.
- Pacht, A. R., et al. Diagnosis and treatment of the sexual offender: A nine-year study. American Journal of Psychiatry, March 1962.
- Rush, Florence. Child pornography. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Russell, Diane. Pornography and violence: What does the new research say?. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Schultz, Gladys Denny. What sex offenders say about pornography. Readers Digest, July 1971.
- Silbert, M. Treatment of prostitute victims of sexual assault. In Irving R. Stuart and Joanne G. Greer (Eds.), Victims of sexual aggression: Treatment of children, women and men. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhard, 1984, pp. 251–269.
- Silbert, Mimi. Prostitution and sexual assault: Summary of results. Biosocial: Journal of Behavioral Ecology, 1982, 3, 69–76.
- Silbert, M., & Pines, A. Sexual abuse as an antecedent to prostitution. Child Abuse and Neglect, 1981, 5, 1–5.
- Silbert, M., & Pines, A. Occupational hazards of street prostitutes. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1982, 8, 397–399.
- Silbert, M., & Pines, A. Juvenile sexual exploitation in the background of street prostitutes. Social Work, 1983, 28(4).
- Silbert, M., & Pines, A. Victimization of street prostitutes. Victimology: An International Journal, 1982, 7. (c)
- Smith, Marjorie M. Violent pornography and the women's movement. The Civil Liberties Review, 1978, Jan./Feb., 50–53.
- Steiner, George. Night words. In D. Holbrook (Ed.), The case against pornography. La Salle, Illinois: Library Press, 1973, p. 234.
- Weisenberg, K., Berman, David, and Smith, Chalres. Sexual abuse and exploitation of male and female juveniles and the juvenile justice system. National Juvenile Justice System Assessment Center, Sacramento, California, December 1979.
- Yeamans, Robin. A political-legal analysis of pornography. In L. Lederer (Ed.), Take back the night. New York: William Morrow Co., 1980.
- Pornography and sexual abuse of women
Volume 10, Issue 11-12 , pp 857-868
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors