Michel Foucault on power/discourse, theory and practice
- Stephen Frederick Schneck
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An earlier version of this essay was presented at the meeting of the Conference Group for Political Economy, August 30, 1985, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Connolly, W. (1983). Discipline, politics and ambiguity. Political Theory 11 (3):325–341.
- Connolly, W. (1985). Taylor, Foucault and otherness. Political Theory 13 (3):365–376.
- Dallmayr, F. (1984). Pluralism old and new: Foucault on power. Polis and Praxis. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Foucault, M. (1972). The archeology of knowledge and the discourse on language. Trans. A.M. Sheridan. New York: Pantheon.
- Foucault, M.(1975). The birth of the clinic: An archeology of medical perception. Trans. A.M. Sheridan Smith. New York: Vintage/Random House.
- Foucault, M. (1979). Discipline and punish: The birth of the prison. Trans. A.M. Sheridan. New York: Vintage/Random House.
- Foucault, M. (1980a). The history of sexuality, Volume 1: An introduction. Trans. R. Hurley. New York: Vintage/Random House.
- Foucault, M. (1973a). Madness and civilization: A history of insanity in the age of reason. Trans. R. Howard. New York: Vintage/Random House.
- Foucault, M. (1973b). The order of things: An archeology of the human sciences. Trans. publishers. New York: Vintage/Random House.
- Foucault, M. (1981). The order of discourse. In R. Young (Ed.), Untying the text. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul.
- Foucault, M. (1983). The subject and power. In H. Dreyfus and P. Rabinow (Eds.), Michel Foucault: Beyond structuralism and hermeneutics, 2nd ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Foucault, M. (1980b). Truth and power. In his Power/knowledge: Selected interviews and other writings, 1972–1977. Trans. and ed. C. Gordon et al. New York: Pantheon.
- Taylor, C. (1985). Connolly, Foucault and truth. Political Theory 13 (3): 377–386.
- Taylor, C. (1984). Foucault on freedom and truth. Political Theory 12 (2): 152–183.
- White, H. (1979). In J. Sturrock (Ed.), Structuralism and since: From Lévi-Strauss to Derrida. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Michel Foucault on power/discourse, theory and practice
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 15-33
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Politics, Catholic University, 20064, Washington, DC