Extension of the Harrington-Fleming tests to multistate models
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Harrington-Fleming tests are popular in the classical time-to-event clinical trial studies. Such weighted tests are sometimes preferred alternatives to the powerful log-rank tests. It is thus natural that the Harrington-Fleming tests should be extended to multistate models. This forms the main objective of this paper. The results of this paper through simulation study and applications to real data sets, suggests that such a generalization is indeed worthwhile.
- Andersen, P.K., Borgan, O., Gill, R.D. and Keiding, N. (1993). Statistical models based on counting processes. Springer, New York. CrossRef
- Beyersmann, J., Allignol, A. and Schumacher, M. (2012). Competing Risks and Multistate Models with R. Springer, New York. CrossRef
- Harrington, D.P. and Fleming, T.R. (1982). A class of rank test procedures for censored survival data. Biometrika, 69, 553–566. CrossRef
- Hougaard, P. (2000). Analysis of multivariate survival data. Springer, New York. CrossRef
- Huzurbazar, A. (2005). Flowgraph Models for Multistate Time-to-Event Data. J. Wiley, New York.
- Kalbfleisch, J.D. and Lawless, J.F. (1985). The analysis of panel data under a Markov assumption. J. Amer. Statist. Assoc, 80, 863–868. CrossRef
- R Development Core Team (2009). R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org.
- Tattar, P.N. and Vaman, H.J. (2008). Testing transition probability matrix of a multi-state model with censored data. Lifetime Data Anal., 14, 2, 216–230.
- Extension of the Harrington-Fleming tests to multistate models
Volume 74, Issue 1 , pp 1-14
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Extended Harrington-Fleming test statistics
- multistate models
- competing risks model
- Primary 62N01
- Secondary 62N03
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Dell International Services, 121, 122A, 131A, Divyasree Greens Koramangala Inner Ring Road Challaghatta, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore, KA, 560071, India
- 2. Department of Statistics, Central University of Rajasthan, NH-8, Bandar Sindri, Ajmer-305801, Rajasthan, India