Study of InN nanorods growth mechanism using ultrathin Au layer by plasma-assisted MBE on Si(111)
InN nanorods (NRs) were grown on Si(111) substrate by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. The growth of InN NRs has been demonstrated using an electron-beam evaporated (~2 nm) Au layer prior to the initiation of growth. The structure and morphology of as deposited Au film, annealed at 600 °C, and InN NRs were investigated using X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and scanning electron microscopy. Chemical characterization was performed with energy dispersive X-ray analysis. Single-crystalline wurtzite structure of InN NRs is verified by transmission electron microscopy. The formation process of NRs is investigated and a qualitative mechanism is proposed.
- Study of InN nanorods growth mechanism using ultrathin Au layer by plasma-assisted MBE on Si(111)
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 121-125
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Materials Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 560012, India
- 2. Central Research Laboratory, Bharat Electronics, Bangalore, 560013, India