The AMS review: year 2
It has been over 5 years since the Academy of Marketing Science acknowledged the need in the marketing discipline for a conceptual/theoretical marketing journal. While marketing theories are tested regularly in our scholarly research, marketing scholars have been less prone to offer theoretical developments. Whether it is the lack of training in theory development, the time involved in developing theory, or various and sundry other rationale for the theoretical lacuna, the decline in conceptual/theoretical articles in marketing appears to be now well-recognized. Yet, theoretical articles contribute to marketing knowledge by explaining phenomena and relationships between phenomena and by positing and predicting relationships awaiting further investigation.
The genesis of the AMS Review was this recognition by the Academy of Marketing Science leadership that our discipline was underserved by existing journals when it came to conceptual/theoretical contributions. With tha ...
- Berthon, P.R., & Pitt, L.F. (2012). Brands and burlesque: toward a theory of spoof advertising. AMS Review, 2(2,3,4).
- Hult, G. T. M., Mena, J. A., Ferrell, O. C., & Ferrell, L. K. (2011). Stakeholder marketing: a definition and conceptual framework. AMS Review, 1(1), 44–65. CrossRef
- Hunt, S. D. (1983). Marketing theory: the philosophy of marketing science. Homewood: Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
- Karande, K., Merchant, A., & Sivakumar, K. (2011). Relationships among time orientation, consumer innovativeness, and innovative behavior: the moderating role of product characteristics. AMS Review, 1(2), 99–116. CrossRef
- Lam, S.K. (2012). Identity-motivated marketing relationships: research synthesis, controversies, and research agenda. AMS Review, 2(2,3,4).
- Robertson, C.J., Ralson, D.A., & Crittenden, W.F. (2012). The relationship between cultural values and moral philosophy: a generational subculture theory approach. AMS Review, 2(2,3,4).
- Samson, A., & Voyer, B.G. (2012). Two minds, three ways: dual system and dual process models in consumer psychology. AMS Review, 2(2,3,4).
- The AMS review: year 2
Volume 2, Issue 2-4 , pp 45-47
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Carroll School of Management, Boston College, Fulton Hall 450B, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA, 02467, USA
- 2. Office of the Vice President for Research, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 78713, USA