Microsatellite loci for the plate-and-pillar coral, Porities rus.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Little is known about species and population-level genetic relatedness for many reef building corals, despite their critical importance as the foundation of coral reef ecosystems. We report the isolation and characterization of seven polymorphic microsatellites from the plate-and-pillar coral, Porites rus. Across all loci, there was a maximum of 18 alleles for the 37 individuals tested. We also tested these primers on 12 other species of Porites. At least one locus amplified in most of the species. These markers should be useful in various genetic applications involving Porities spp.
- Dieringer, D, Schlötterer, C (2002) Microsatellite analyzer (MSA)- a platform independent analysis tool for large microsatellite data sets. Mol Ecol Notes 3: pp. 167-169 CrossRef
- Gaither, MA, Toonen, RJ, Sorenson, L, Bowen, BW (2009) Isolation and characterization of microsatellite markers for the Crimson Jobfish, Pristipomoides filamentosus (Lutjanidae). Cons Genet Res 2: pp. 169-172 CrossRef
- Garnier-Géré, P, Dillmann, C (1992) A computer program for testing pairwise linkage disequilibria in subdivided populations. J Hered 83: pp. 239
- Glenn, TC, Schable, NA (2005) Isolating microsatellite DNA loci. Meth Enzy 395: pp. 202-222 CrossRef
- Ridgway, T, Gates, RD (2006) Why are there so few genetic markers available for coral population analyses?. Symbiosis 41: pp. 1-7 CrossRef
- Rozen, S, Skaletsky, H (2000) Primer3 on the WWW for general users and for biologist programmers. Meth Mol Biol 132: pp. 365-386
- Toonen RJ (1997) Microsatellites for ecologists: non-radioactive isolation and amplification protocols for microsatellite markers. Available at www2.hawaii.edu/~toonen/files/MsatsV1.pdf. Accessed 11 Jan 2011
- Microsatellite loci for the plate-and-pillar coral, Porities rus.
Conservation Genetics Resources
Volume 3, Issue 3 , pp 519-521
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Genetic markers