Deformation characterization of superplastic AA7475 alloy
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
AA7475 alloy was deformed up to 25% elongation in INSTRON at 788K. The grain boundary sliding due to this superplastic deformation was measured by Scanning Electron Microscope. The microstructure and texture development due to this deformation at elevated temperature was analyzed from the Orientation Image Microstructures i.e. the Electron Back Scattered Diffraction Image. The Orientation Image Microstructures revealed that superplastic deformation was associated with recovery and recrystallization in-situ process.
- Zelin M G and Guillard S, Mater. Sci. and Tech., 15 (1999) 309.
- Zelin M G, Guillard S and Chaudhary P K, Materials Science Forum, 137 (1997) 243.
- Langdon T G, Philo Mag, 22 (1970) 689
- Bate P S, Humphreys F J, Ridley N and Zhang B, Acta Materialia 53 (2005) 3059. CrossRef
- Pérez-Prado M T, Cristina M C, Ruano O A and González-Doncel G, Materials Science and Engineering A, 244 (1998) 216. CrossRef
- Pérez-Prado M T, Gonzalez-Doncel G, Ruano1 O A and Mcnelley T R, Acta materialia., 49 (2001) 2259. CrossRef
- Engler O, Hirsch J and Lücke K, Acta Metall., 43 (1995) 121.
- Humphrey F J and Hatherly M, Recrystallization and Related Annealing Phenomena, Oxford, Elsevier, (2004).
- Mukhopadhyay P, Aluminium 78 (2002) 912.
- Hirsch J and Lücke K, Acta Metall, 33 (1985) 1927. CrossRef
- Deformation characterization of superplastic AA7475 alloy
Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals
Volume 62, Issue 2 , pp 149-152
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- superplastic deformation
- recrystallization in-situ
- high angle and low angle boundary
- Industry Sectors