Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 09 May 2009
Use of biomarkers to select the target population for clinical trials in subjects with mild cognitive impairment
- P. J. Visser
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Visser, PJ and FR Verhey, Mild cognitive impairment as predictor for Alzheimer’s disease in clinical practice: effect of age and diagnostic criteria. Psychol Med 2008; 38: 113–122. CrossRef
- Jelic, V, M Kivipelto, and B Winblad, Clinical trials in mild cognitive impairment: lessons for the future. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2006; 77: 429–438. CrossRef
- Visser, PJ, P Scheltens, and FR Verhey, Do MCI criteria in drug trials accurately identify subjects with predementia Alzheimer’s disease? J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2005; 76: 1348–1354. CrossRef
- Salloway, S, et al., Efficacy of donepezil in mild cognitive impairment: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Neurology 2004; 63: 651–657.
- Visser, PJ, et al., Ten-year risk of dementia in subjects with mild cognitive impairment. Neurology 2006; 67: 1201–1207. CrossRef
- Fox, NC, et al., Imaging of onset and progression of Alzheimer’s disease with voxel-compression mapping of serial magnetic resonance images. Lancet 2001; 358: 201–205. CrossRef
- O’Brien, JT, et al., Progressive brain atrophy on serial MRI in dementia with Lewy bodies, AD, and vascular dementia. Neurology 2001; 56: 1386–1388.
- Jack, CR, Jr., et al., Atrophy rates accelerate in amnestic mild cognitive impairment. Neurology 2008; 70: 1740–1752. CrossRef
- Visser, PJ, Diagnosis of predementia AD in a clinical setting, in Alzheimer’s disease. A physician’s guide to practical management. B. Zoeller-Richter, Editor. 2003, Humana Press: New Yersey. p. 157–164.
- Nordberg, A, PET imaging of amyloid in Alzheimer’s disease. Lancet Neurol 2004; 3: 519–527. CrossRef
- Blennow, K and H Hampel, CSF markers for incipient Alzheimer’s disease. Lancet Neurol 2003; 2: 605–613. CrossRef
- Koivunen, J, et al., PET amyloid ligand [11C]PIB uptake and cerebrospinal fluid beta-amyloid in mild cognitive impairment. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 2008; 26: 378–83. CrossRef
- Forsberg, A, et al., PET imaging of amyloid deposition in patients with mild cognitive impairment. Neurobiol Aging 2008; 29: 1456–1465. CrossRef
- Alexander, GE, et al., Longitudinal PET Evaluation of Cerebral Metabolic Decline in Dementia: A Potential Outcome Measure in Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment Studies. Am J Psychiatry 2002; 159: 738–745. CrossRef
- Zetterberg, H, et al., Intra-individual stability of CSF biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease over two years. J Alzheimers Dis 2007; 12: 255–260.
- Brys, M, et al., Prediction and longitudinal study of CSF biomarkers in mild cognitive impairment. Neurobiol Aging 2007.
- Andersson, C, et al., Increasing CSF phospho-tau levels during cognitive decline and progression to dementia. Neurobiol Aging 2008; 29: 1466–1473. CrossRef
- Engler, H, et al., Two-year follow-up of amyloid deposition in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Brain 2006; 129: 2856–2866. CrossRef
- Busse, A, et al., Mild cognitive impairment: long-term course of four clinical subtypes. Neurology 2006; 67: 2176–2185. CrossRef
- Winblad, B, et al., Safety and efficacy of galantamine in subjects with mild cognitive impairment. Neurology 2008; 70: 2024–2035. CrossRef
- Feldman, HH, et al., Effect of rivastigmine on delay to diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease from mild cognitive impairment: the InDDEx study. Lancet Neurol 2007; 6: 501–512. CrossRef
- Petersen, RC, et al., Vitamin E and donepezil for the treatment of mild cognitive impairment. N Engl J Med 2005; 352: 2379–2388. CrossRef
- Johnson, SA and VF Simmon, Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled international clinical trial of the Ampakine CX516 in elderly participants with mild cognitive impairment: a progress report. J Mol Neurosci 2002; 19: 197–200. CrossRef
- Thal, LJ, et al., A Randomized, Double-Blind, Study of Rofecoxib in Patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment. Neuropsychopharmacology 2005.
- Use of biomarkers to select the target population for clinical trials in subjects with mild cognitive impairment
JNHA - The Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging
Volume 13, Issue 4 , pp 344-345
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- P. J. Visser (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Psychiatry, University of Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- 2. Department of Neurology, VUMC, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands