ICT Providers: A Relevant Topic for Business and Information Systems Engineering?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Business and information systems engineering traditionally deals with the use of information and communication technologies in companies. The main focus is on the content-related design of business application systems in companies as well as on the ICS/ICT management in companies. The established range of topics includes ERP and SCM systems, business concepts built thereon and adequate development procedures as well as questions regarding the alignment between ICT and a company, IT architecture management or comprehensive questions of the ICT strategy. On the basis of this orientation business and information systems engineering has been widely established as an academic subject, particularly in German-speaking countries.
A slow but steady reduction in the production intensity of IT can be observed in the applying companies. Cloud computing has intensified this trend even further. An ICT industry making a global turnover of approx. $ 2,700 bn has emerged at the same time. Th ...
- Zoltners A (2006). Kellogg School of Management
- Buxmann P, Diefenbach H, Hess T (2011) Die Softwareindustrie – Ökonomische Prinzipien, Strategien, Perspektiven, 2nd edn. Springer, Heidelberg
- Cusumano M (2004) The business of software. Simon & Schuster, New York
- Salcher S, Stieber R (2006) Process Support System – Architektur als Erfolgsfaktor für Kommunikationsanbieter im IKT-Zeitalter. Elektrotechnik & Informationstechnik (123):333–343
- Wulf J, Zarnekow R (2011) Cross-sector competition in telecommunications. An empirical analysis of diversification activities. Business & Information Systems Engineering 3(5):289–298 CrossRef
- ICT Providers: A Relevant Topic for Business and Information Systems Engineering?
Business & Information Systems Engineering
Volume 4, Issue 6 , pp 367-373
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- SP Gabler Verlag
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik und Neue Medien, LMU München, Ludwigstrasse 28, 80539, München, Germany
- 2. IWi at DFKI, Saarland University, 66123, Saarbrücken, Germany