50 years of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK: Moving on to new shores...
- Prof. Dr. Hans Ulrich Buhl
- … show all 1 hide
50 years ago – in 1959 – the first issue of the journal elektronische datenverarbeitung (electronic data processing) appeared with the objective to close the gap in scientific research publications with respect to the “practical application of computers in business” (n. a. 1959, p. 3). In those days probably neither the editorial staff nor the publisher or the readers expected that this journal under the name of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK would advance to the most important scientific journal of this young field in the German-speaking countries, to the field’s central publication, and to its only internationally acknowledged German-language journal over the last five decades. By means of this anniversary issue we want to honor that success – and the journal’s 50th anniversary.
Based on the previously outlined success and on the occasion of this anniversary, what would be more obvious than to strategically set the journal’s course? What would be more obvious than to align the journal with the
- Davenport TH, Markus LM (1999) Rigor vs. relevance revisited: response to Benbasat and Zmud. MIS Quarterly 23(1):19–23 CrossRef
- Navarro P (2008) The MBA core curricula of top-ranked U.S. business schools: a study in failure. The Academy of Management Learning and Education 7(1):108–123
- Nickerson RC (2007) IS enrollment decline. Summary of ISWorld responses. http://online.sfsu.edu/~rnick/isenroll.pdf. Accessed 2008-09-04
- na (1959) Elektronische Datenverarbeitung. Fachberichte über programmgesteuerte Maschinen und ihre Anwendung. elektronische datenverarbeitung 1(1):3–4
- Rosemann M, Vessey I (2008) Toward improving the relevance of information systems research to practice: the role of applicability checks. MIS Quarterly 32(1):1–22
- Sambamurthy V (2008) Editorial Note. Information Systems Research 19(2):125 CrossRef
- Straub DW (2008) Thirty years of service to the IS profession: time for renewal at MISQ? MIS Quarterly 32(1):iii–viii
- 50 years of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK: Moving on to new shores...
Business & Information Systems Engineering
Volume 1, Issue 1 , pp 1-5
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- SP Gabler Verlag
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Information Systems Engineering & Financial Management, University of Augsburg, Universitätsstraße 16, 86135, Augsburg, Germany