Stability analysis and monitoring study of Jijia River landslide based on WebGIS
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
On the basis of in situ investigation and deformation monitoring of the Jijia River landslide (JJRL), the rigid body limit equilibrium method and finite element method (FEM) were used to analyze the stability of the JJRL; the grey system theory method was applied to forecast the deformation trend of the JJRL; and the information system about the landslide deformation and monitoring, and forecasting systems based on the platform of the Web Geographical Information System (WebGIS) were developed, which can be used to analyze in situ monitoring data and predict the deformation of the landslide. The study results can be summarized as follows: ➀ the JJRL is stable as a whole; the water content in the landslide has a great effect on its stability; ➁ the developed Web Geographical Information System has realized many functions, including inputting, computing, inquiry, analyzing, and the function of forecasting; it has also realized the functions of distance data management, analysis, and forecasting based on the WebGIS; ➂ the information resource can be shared by the WebGIS developed all over the world.
- Ashis K Saha, Ravi P Gupta, Irene Sarkar, 2005. An approach for GIS-based statistical landslide susceptibility zonation-with a case study in the Himalayas. Landslides, (2): 61–69.
- Deng, J. L. (1988) Properties of relational space for grey system. China Ocean Press, Beijing
- Deng, J. L. (1988) Grey forecasting model. China Ocean Press, Beijing
- Hu, X. L., Tang, H. M. (2002) Frame design of space prediction and evaluation system for the slope geological hazard based on GIS. Geological Science and Technology Information 21: pp. 99-103
- Huang, Z. Q., Liu, H. D., Jiang, T. (2003) Stability analysis of jijiariver slope and its study of information system of monitoring and forecasting, final report. North China Institute of Water Conservancy and Hydroelectric Power, Zhengzhou
- Liu D A, Liu X J, 1997. The development of geologic engineering monitoring information system. Journal of Engineering Geology, (4): 351–356.
- Luo Z, Gong F H, Song M J, Zhao S W, 2005. Advances in research on rock and soil engineering disaster. Journal of Hunan Institute of Engineering, (1): 87–91.
- Wang A M, Ma S, Huang Z Q, 2006. Monitoring and analysis of a slope on luosan expressway. Railway Construction, (8): 86–87.
- Wu Y P, Yin K L, 1977. The landslide data management information system. Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, (1): 14–16.
- WU Z J, Deng J H, Min H, 2004. GIS-based management and analysis system for landslide monitoring information. Rock and Soil Mechanics, (11): 1 739–1 743.
- Xu Q, Huang R Q, Li X Z, 2004. Research progress in time forecast and prediction of landslides. Advance in Earth Sciences, (3): 479–483.
- Yin K L, Han Z S, Li Z Z, 2000. New advances in the study of landslide in the world. Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, (5): 1–3.
- Zhang G R, Yin K L, 2005. Web database construction of geo-hazard information system in zhejiang province based on WebGIS. Tile Chinese Journal of Geological Hazard and Control, (3): 114–118.
- Zhang G R, Yin K L, Liu L L, Xie J M, Du H L, 2005. A real time regional geological hazard warning system in terms of webgis and rainfall. Rock and Soil Mechanics, (3): 1 312–1 317.
- Zhang, L., Zhang, Y. C., Luo, Y. H. (1998) Theory and practice of geological hazard evaluation. Geology Press, Beijing
- Zhang P, Tian B, 2004. Research advance of evaluation of landslide stability. Journal of China Three Gorges University (Natural Sciences Edition), (3): 254–257.
- Zhao Q H, 2000. Recent advances in study on slope hazards and their prevention introduction of slope hazards and their prevention. Journal of Geological Hazards and Environment Preservation, (3): 276–278.
- Stability analysis and monitoring study of Jijia River landslide based on WebGIS
Journal of Coal Science and Engineering (China)
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 41-46
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- China Coal Society
- Additional Links
- rigid body limit equilibrium method
- finite element method(FEM)
- Industry Sectors