Results of experimental investigations of tool steel during forming in semi-solid state
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The main aims of the work are to determine material characteristics of cold work tool steel, grade 210CR12 in semisolid forming conditions. Methodology of experimental investigation is described in the paper. Nil Strength Temperature (NST) for 210CR12 steel grade was determined. Tensile and hot compression test were performed. The experiments were carried out for different liquid phase fractions, including phase composition adequate to thixoforming. Experiments were carried out on the Gleeble 3800 physical simulator with MAXstrain unit. Results of conducted tests are presented and discussed. Numerical model of hot compression test is presented, as well.
- G. Hirt. R. Kopp, Thixoforming. Semi-solid Metal Processing. Wiley-VCH Verlag, 2009.
- K. Sołek. Numeryczna symulacja tiksotropowego wypeniania formy stopami glinu i magnezu. PhD thesis, AGH, Krakow, 2004 (in Polish).
- M Behúlová, M Lipták, P Grga, W Löser, H-G Lindenkreuz, Proc. 13 Int. Conf. on Rapidly Quenched and Metastable Materials, J. of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 144, doi:10.1088/1742-6596/144/1/012099, 2009.
- H. Shimahara, R. Baadjou, R. Kopp, G. Hirt. Proc. 9 Conf. on Semi-solid Alloys and Composites, Solid State Phenomena, Vol 116–117, pp. 189–192, 2006. CrossRef
- Results of experimental investigations of tool steel during forming in semi-solid state
International Journal of Material Forming
Volume 3, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 759-762
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- 210CR12 steel
- Nil Strength Temperature (NST)
- hot compression
- Industry Sectors