Current improvements in breast ultrasound, with a special focus on elastography
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Current improvements in the area of breast ultrasound are described. Digital beam formers contributed to improving both contrast and special resolution of B-mode images and enabled other techniques. Four-dimensinal images and CAD are still in progress. Elastography may reduce false-positives and unnecessary interventional procedures, especially in nonsymptomatic patients.
- Kujiraoka Y, Ueno E, Thono E, et al. Incident angle of the plunging artery of the breast tumors. In: Ueno E, Shiina T, Kubota M, Sawai S, editors. Research and development in breast ultrasound. Tokyo: Springer-Verlag; 2005. pp 72–5. CrossRef
- Shen WC, Chang RF, Moon WK. Computer aided classification system for breast ultrasound based on Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS). Ultrasound Med Biol. 2007;33(11):1688–98. CrossRef
- Itoh A, Ueno E, Tohno E, et al. Breast disease: clinical application of US elastography for diagnosis. Radiology. 2006;239(2):341–50. CrossRef
- Zhi H, Ou B, Luo BM, et al. Comparison of ultrasound elastography, mammography, and sonography in the diagnosis of solid breast lesions. J Ultrasound Med 2007;26:807–15.
- Current improvements in breast ultrasound, with a special focus on elastography
Volume 15, Issue 3 , pp 200-204
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Japan
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors