Advances in breast MRI: diffusion-weighted imaging of the breast
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
DWI, which is less affected by the state of the background mammary gland, has sufficient capability to diagnose invasive, noninvasive, and invasive lobular carcinoma. DWI is different from conventional methods based on blood flow data and has the potential to provide useful information for the evaluation of NAC, which is considered to be insufficient at present. Having the ability to provide steady, high-resolution tissue images, DWI is expected to play an important role in future breast cancer diagnosis. DWI, however, is not a complete method of diagnosis. Limits exist in spatial resolution and problems with ADC. In consideration of these shortcomings, we need to apply DWI to clinical practice while taking advantage of its high contrast resolution.
- Pruessmann KP, Weiger M, Scheidegger MB, et al. SENSE: sensitivity encoding for fast MRI. Magn Reson Med. 1999;42:952–62. CrossRef
- Kazama T, Nasu K, Kuroki Y, et al. A change of image quality of DWI of breast: influence of a difference of fat suppression methods. In: 31st Chiba MRI Conference 2005.
- Kuroki Y, Nasu K, Kuroki S, et al. Diffusion-weghted imaging of breast cancer with the sensitivity encoding technique: analysis of apparent diffusion coefficient value. Magn Reson Med Sci. 2004;3:79–85. CrossRef
- Woodhams R, Matsunaga K, Iwabuchi K, et al. Diffusion-weighted imaging of malignant breast tumor: the usefulness of apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) value and ADC map for the detection of malignant breast tumors and evaluation of cancer extension. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2005;29:644–9. CrossRef
- Kuroki-Suzuki S, Kuroki Y, Nasu K, et al. Detecting breast cancer with non-contrast MR imaging: combining diffusion-weighted and STIR imaging. Magn Reson Med Sci. 2007;6(1):21–7. CrossRef
- Advances in breast MRI: diffusion-weighted imaging of the breast
Volume 15, Issue 3 , pp 212-217
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Japan
- Additional Links
- Breast cancer
- Diffusion-weighted imaging
- Industry Sectors