New unified failure model on evenly distributed reinforced concrete members with box section
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
It is urgently needed to describe the structural collapse process under extreme conditions to survive people. For reinforced concrete structures it is still a difficulty to describe the failure of reinforced concrete members under complex internal force combination, such as under axial forces, bending moment, shear forces, and torsion working together. In this paper, based on the traditional Nielsen model, a new unified failure model on reinforcement evenly distributed concrete members with box section under combined forces is introduced. The advantages of the proposed new model are to consider the dowel actions of reinforcements and reasonably to consider of the shear carrying capacity of concrete, especially when compression stress of concrete is in a high value. Finally, the theoretical results of the new model are compared with a series of experimental results of box section members. The comparison has verified that the new model is more accurate and feasible for the design and calculation of box section members.
- Nielsen M P. Limit analysis and concrete plasticity [M]. Englewood Cliffs, N J: Prentice-Hall, 1984.
- Hsu T T C. Toward a unified nomenclature for reinforced-concrete theory [J]. Journal of Structural Engineering, 1996, 122(3): 275–283. CrossRef
- Hsu T T C. Softened truss model theory for shear and torsion [J]. ACI Structural Journal, 1988, 85(6): 624–635.
- Hsu T T C. Unified approach to shear analysis and design [J]. Cement and Concrete Composites, 1998, 20(6): 419–435. CrossRef
- Guan Pin-wu, Xu Ze-jing, Wang Bo. Shear capacity analysis methods of R.C. members [J]. World Earthquake Engineering, 2002, 18(3): 95–101 (in Chinese).
- Hsu T T C. Unified theory of reinforced concrete [M]. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 1993.
- Pang X-B, Hsu T T C. Fixed angle softened truss model for reinforced concrete [J]. ACI Structural Journal, 1996, 93(2): 197–207.
- Zhu Bo-fang. Finite element method theory and applications [M]. Beijing: China Water Power Press, 1998 (in Chinese).
- Liu Xi-la. The development and prospect of structural engineering [M]. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press, 2007 (in Chinese).
- El-ariss B. Behavior of beams with dowel action [J]. Engineering Structures, 2007, 29(6): 899–903. CrossRef
- He Xiao-gang, Kwan Kwok-hung. A model for dowel action of reinforcement bars and its application to deep beam analysis [J]. Engineering Mechanics, 2001, 18(1): 96–102 (in Chinese).
- Chen W F. Elasticity and plasticity [M]. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press, 2004.
- Huo Jing-feng. Unified failure expression on the reinforced concrete members [D]. Shanghai: Department of Civil Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2004 (in Chinese)
- Luo Hua-xun, Liu Xi-la. Unified failure model on the reinforced concrete members with box section [J]. Sichuan Building Science, 2011, 37(1): 1–6 (in Chinese).
- Chen W F. Constitutive equations for materials of concrete and soil [M]. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press, 2004.
- Huang Zhen, Liu Xi-la, Yang Guang. Unified expression for failure of reinforced concrete members in bridge [J]. Journal of Zhejiang University: SCIENCE A, 2006, 7(3): 383–390. CrossRef
- Liu Ji-ming, Shi Qing-xun, Li Zhi-jun, et al. Torsional behavior study of reinforced concrete boxing-section members subjected to biaxial eccentric compression, shear and reversed torque [J]. Building Structure, 2007, 37(7): 20–24 (in Chinese).
- Li Zhi-jun. The experimental study on torsional behavior of R.C. members with box sections subjected biaxially to eccentric compression and shear [D]. Xi’an: Department of Civil Engineering, Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, 2005 (in Chinese).
- Xu Yan-qiu, Xu Ke-bin, Liu Feng-kui. Calculating method and experimental study of torsion strength of concrete box beams under combining loading [J]. China Journal of Highway and Transport, 2000, 13(3): 36–40 (in Chinese).
- Zhao Jia-kang, Zhang Lian-de, Wei Yun-ting. Torsional strength of R.C. members subjected to compression, bending, shear and torsion [J]. China Civil Engineering Journal, 1993, 26(1): 20–30 (in Chinese).
- China Academy of Building Research. Experimental data sets of R.C. members [M]. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press, 1985 (in Chinese).
- New unified failure model on evenly distributed reinforced concrete members with box section
Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science)
Volume 18, Issue 1 , pp 76-83
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Jiaotong University Press
- Additional Links
- reinforced concrete
- dowel action
- concrete failure model
- box section
- TU 375
- Industry Sectors