Preparation and characterization of polysulfonamide statistical copolymers from three aromatic diamines
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Various polysulfonamide (PSA) statistical copolymers were synthesized by polycondensation of three aromatic diamines and terephthaloyl chloride. The inherent viscosities of the resulting PSA copolymers range from 1.54 to 1.66 dL/g. The precipitated PSA copolymers with feed content of p-phenylene diamine (PPD) being less than 50% (mole fraction) can be redissolved in N-methyl-2-pryrrolidone (NMP) or N,N-dimethylacetamide (DMAc) with lithium chloride of w LiCl = 0.02. All of the PSA copolymers exhibit enhanced tensile strength in comparison with PSA and still maintain excellent thermal stability in either air or nitrogen atmosphere
- Zhang L, Li Y B, Liu J Z. Research on heat resistance of polysulfonamide fibers [J]. Journal of Tianjin Polytechnic University, 2006, 25(6): 17–19 (in Chinese).
- Zhang H P, Zhang J C, Chen J Y, et al. Effects of solar UV irradiation on the tensile properties and structure of PPTA fiber [J]. Polym Degradation and Stability, 2006, 91: 2761-2767.
- Li X G, Huang M R. Advanced materials engineering of liquid crystalline polymers [M]. Shanghai: East China Normal University Press, 2000 (in Chinese).
- Ruijter C D, Jager W F, Groenewold J, et al. Synthesis and characterization of rod-coil poly (amide-block-aramid) alternating block copolymers [J]. Macromolecules, 2006, 39(11): 3824–3829. CrossRef
- Helgee B, Flodin P. Preparation and properties of block copolyamide fibers [J]. Polymer, 1992, 33(17): 3616–3620. CrossRef
- Chiriac C, Stille J K. Polyaramides containing sulfone ether units [J]. Macromolecules, 1977, 10(3): 712–713. CrossRef
- Idage S B, Idage B B, Shinde B M, et al. Polyamides containing arylene sulfone ether linkages [J]. Journal of Polymer Science. Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 1989, 27(2): 583–594. CrossRef
- Christiaan D R, Eduardo M, Boerstoel H, et al. Orientational order and mechanical properties of poly (amide-block-aramid) alternating block copolymer films and fibers [J]. Polymer, 2006, 47(26): 8517–8526. CrossRef
- Hong D Y, Lu Z X, Ma D J, et al. Synthesis and performance of lytropic liquid crystalline polymer poly (pphenylene terephthalamide) (PPTA) [J]. China Synthetic Resin and Plastics, 1994, 11(4): 9–16 (in Chinese).
- Fan G, Zhao J, Zhang Y, et al. Grafting modification of Kevlar fiber using horseradish peroxidase [J]. Polym Bull, 2006, 56: 507–515. CrossRef
- Chan W H, Suei Y L L, Ng C F, et al. Synthesis and characterization of random poly (amide-sulfonamide)s: 3 copolymers from two diamino monomers [J]. Polymer, 1995, 36(23): 4503–4508. CrossRef
- Ding M X, He T B. New polyimide materials [M]. Beijing: Science Press, 1998 (in Chinese).
- Haraguchi K, Kajiyama T, Takayanagi M. Effect of coagulation conditions on crystal modification of poly (p-phenylene terephthalamide) [J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 1979, 23: 915–926. CrossRef
- Rommel H, Forster G. Topology of the ternary phase system poly (p-phenylene terephthalamide)-sulfuric acid-water [J]. Macromolecules, 1994, 27(16): 4570–4576. CrossRef
- Tadahiro F, Takashi F, Eiji S, et al. A novel process for the formation of poly (p-phenylene terephthalamide) film from liquid crystalline solutions [J]. Polymer Engineering and Science, 1989, 29(18): 1237–1240. CrossRef
- Liu X Y, Yu W D. Evaluating the thermal stability of high performance fibers by TGA [J]. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2006, 99: 937–944. CrossRef
- Preparation and characterization of polysulfonamide statistical copolymers from three aromatic diamines
Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science)
Volume 15, Issue 1 , pp 114-118
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Jiaotong University Press
- Additional Links
- aromatic diamine
- terephthaloyl chloride (TPC)
- polysulfonamide (PSA)
- statistical copolymer
- O 63
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai University, Shanghai, 201800, China
- 2. Key Laboratory of Hollow Fiber Membrane Materials and Membrane Processes, Ministry of Education, Tianjin Polytechnic University, Tianjin, 300160, China