August 2012, Volume 44, Issue 1, pp 136-137,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
A Meta-Analysis of Spurious Associations between Type D Personality and Cardiovascular Disease Endpoints
- Denollet J, Sys SU, Brutsaert DL. Personality and mortality after myocardial infarction. Psychosom Med. 1995; 57: 582–591.
- Coyne JC, Jaarsma T, Luttik ML, van Sonderen E, van Veldhuisen DJ, Sanderman R. Lack of prognostic value of type D personality for mortality in a large sample of heart failure patients. Psychosom Med. 2011; 73: 557–562. CrossRef
- Coyne JC, Whiffen VE. Issues in Personality as Diathesis for Depression—the case of sociotropy-dependency and autonomy-self-criticism. Psychol Bull. 1995; 118: 358–378. CrossRef
- Vargha A, Rudas T, Delaney HD, Maxwell SE. Dichotomization, partial correlation, and conditional independence. J Educ Behav Stat. 1996; 21: 264–282.
- Smith TW. Toward a more systematic, cumulative, and applicable science of personality and health: Lessons from type d personality. Psychosom Med. 2011; 73: 528–532. CrossRef
- Grande G, Romppel M, Barth J. Association between type D personality and prognosis in patients with cardiovascular diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Behav Med. 2012. doi:10.1007/s12160-011-9339-0.
- Babyak MA. What you see may not be what you get: A brief, nontechnical introduction to overfitting in regression-type models. Psychosom Med. 2004; 66: 411–421. CrossRef
- A Meta-Analysis of Spurious Associations between Type D Personality and Cardiovascular Disease Endpoints
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Annals of Behavioral Medicine
Volume 44, Issue 1 , pp 136-137
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Health Psychology Section, Department of Health Sciences, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands
- 2. Department of Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Center for Rehabilitation, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands
- 3. Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market St. Rm 676, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA