DEBUNKING THE FALSE ALLEGATION OF “STATISTICAL ABUSE”: A REPLY TO SPIEGEL
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bellows, K. (1999). Letters to editor: Even APA has admitted study was ill-advised. Dayton Daily News, 11A.
- Best, J. (1997). Victimization and the victim industry. Society, May/June, 9–17. CrossRef
- Brandon, S., Boakes, J., Glaser, D., & Green, R. (1998). Recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse. British Journal of Psychiatry, 172, 296–307. CrossRef
- Coxell, A., King, M., Mezey, G., & Gordon, D. (1999). Lifetime prevalence, characteristics, and associated problems of non-consensual sex in men: Cross sectional survey. BMJ, 318, 846–850.
- Dallam, S., Gleaves, D., Spiegel, D., & Kraemer, H. (1999). An analysis of Rind et al.'s meta-analysis of the long-term effects of child sexual abuse. Preliminary analysis in preparation for full review article rebutting the Rind et al. study.
- Esman, A. H. (1994). “Sexual abuse,” pathogenesis, and enlightened skepticism. American Journal of Psychiatry, 151, 1101–1103.
- Fink, P., Silberg, J., & Dallam, S. (1999). Scientific organization investigates controversial sex abuse study. Unpublished letter sent to the Los Angeles Times in response to Carol Tavris's July 19, 1999 op-ed piece, July 28, 1999.
- Frontline (1995a). “Divided memories,” TV documentary produced by Ofra Bikel, broadcast on PBS April 4 and 11, 1995.
- Frontline (1995b). “Search for Satan,” TV documentary produced by Ofra Bikel, Broadcast on PBS October 24, 1995.
- Jumper, S. (1995). A meta-analysis of the relationship of child sexual abuse to adult psychological adjustment. Child Abuse & Neglect, 19, 715–728. CrossRef
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A., Williams, L. M., & Finkelhor, D. (1993). Impact of sexual abuse on children: A review and synthesis of recent empirical studies. Psychological Bulletin, 113, 164–180. CrossRef
- landis, J. (1956). Experiences of 500 children with adult sexual deviation. Psychiatric Quarterly Supplement, 30, 91–109.
- Loftus, E. (1993). The reality of repressed memories. American Psychologist, 48, 518–537. CrossRef
- Nathan, D. & Snedeker, M. (1995). Satan's silence: Ritual abuse and the making of a modern American witchhunt. New York: Basic Books.
- Nash, M. R., Hulsey, T. L., Sexton, M. C., Harralson, T. L. & Lambert, W. (1993). Reply to comments by Briere and Elliot. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 61, 289–290. CrossRef
- Ofshe, R., & Watters, E. (1993). Making monsters. Society, 30, March/April, 4–16.
- Pendergrast, M. (1996). Victims of memory: Sex abuse accusations and shattered lives. Hinesburg, Vermont: Upper Access.
- Rind, B., Tromovitch, P. & Bauserman, R. (1998). A meta-analytic examination of assumed properties of child sexual abuse using college samples. Psychological Bulletin, 124, 22–53. CrossRef
- Rosenthal, R. (1994). Science and ethics in conducting, analyzing, and reporting psychological research. Psychological Science, 5, 127–133. CrossRef
- Spiegel, D. (2000). The price of abusing children and numbers. Sexuality and Culture, this issue.
- Spiegel, D., & Kraemer, H. (1999). In harm's way: An analysis of Rind et al.'s meta-analysis of the long-term effects of child sexual abuse. Draft of paper for submission to Psychological Bulletin.
- DEBUNKING THE FALSE ALLEGATION OF “STATISTICAL ABUSE”: A REPLY TO SPIEGEL
Sexuality and Culture
Volume 4, Issue 2 , pp 101-111
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links