DEBUNKING THE FALSE ALLEGATION OF “STATISTICAL ABUSE”: A REPLY TO SPIEGEL
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bellows, K. (1999). Letters to editor: Even APA has admitted study was ill-advised. Dayton Daily News, 11A.
- Best, J. (1997) Victimization and the victim industry. Society May/June: pp. 9-17 CrossRef
- Brandon, S., Boakes, J., Glaser, D., Green, R. (1998) Recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse. British Journal of Psychiatry 172: pp. 296-307 CrossRef
- Coxell, A., King, M., Mezey, G., Gordon, D. (1999) Lifetime prevalence, characteristics, and associated problems of non-consensual sex in men: Cross sectional survey. BMJ 318: pp. 846-850
- Dallam, S., Gleaves, D., Spiegel, D., & Kraemer, H. (1999). An analysis of Rind et al.'s meta-analysis of the long-term effects of child sexual abuse. Preliminary analysis in preparation for full review article rebutting the Rind et al. study.
- Esman, A. H. (1994) “Sexual abuse,” pathogenesis, and enlightened skepticism. American Journal of Psychiatry 151: pp. 1101-1103
- Fink, P., Silberg, J., & Dallam, S. (1999). Scientific organization investigates controversial sex abuse study. Unpublished letter sent to the Los Angeles Times in response to Carol Tavris's July 19, 1999 op-ed piece, July 28, 1999.
- Frontline (1995a). “Divided memories,” TV documentary produced by Ofra Bikel, broadcast on PBS April 4 and 11, 1995.
- Frontline (1995b). “Search for Satan,” TV documentary produced by Ofra Bikel, Broadcast on PBS October 24, 1995.
- Jumper, S. (1995) A meta-analysis of the relationship of child sexual abuse to adult psychological adjustment. Child Abuse & Neglect 19: pp. 715-728 CrossRef
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A., Williams, L. M., Finkelhor, D. (1993) Impact of sexual abuse on children: A review and synthesis of recent empirical studies. Psychological Bulletin 113: pp. 164-180 CrossRef
- landis, J. (1956) Experiences of 500 children with adult sexual deviation. Psychiatric Quarterly Supplement 30: pp. 91-109
- Loftus, E. (1993) The reality of repressed memories. American Psychologist 48: pp. 518-537 CrossRef
- Nathan, D., Snedeker, M. (1995) Satan's silence: Ritual abuse and the making of a modern American witchhunt. Basic Books, New York
- Nash, M. R., Hulsey, T. L., Sexton, M. C., Harralson, T. L., Lambert, W. (1993) Reply to comments by Briere and Elliot. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 61: pp. 289-290 CrossRef
- Ofshe, R., Watters, E. (1993) Making monsters. Society 30: pp. 4-16
- Pendergrast, M. (1996) Victims of memory: Sex abuse accusations and shattered lives. Upper Access, Hinesburg, Vermont
- Rind, B., Tromovitch, P., Bauserman, R. (1998) A meta-analytic examination of assumed properties of child sexual abuse using college samples. Psychological Bulletin 124: pp. 22-53 CrossRef
- Rosenthal, R. (1994) Science and ethics in conducting, analyzing, and reporting psychological research. Psychological Science 5: pp. 127-133 CrossRef
- Spiegel, D. (2000). The price of abusing children and numbers. Sexuality and Culture, this issue.
- Spiegel, D., & Kraemer, H. (1999). In harm's way: An analysis of Rind et al.'s meta-analysis of the long-term effects of child sexual abuse. Draft of paper for submission to Psychological Bulletin.
- DEBUNKING THE FALSE ALLEGATION OF “STATISTICAL ABUSE”: A REPLY TO SPIEGEL
Sexuality and Culture
Volume 4, Issue 2 , pp 101-111
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links