Medical Ghostwriting: A University–Sanctioned Sleight of Hand?
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Leo and Lacasse have published several articles on medical ghostwriting and the chemical imbalance theory of depression.
- Healy D, Cattell D. 2003. Interface between authorship, industry and science in the domain of therapeutics. British Journal of Psychiatry [Internet], Jul 1 [cited 2011 Feb 2];183(1), 22–27. Available from: http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/abstract/183/1/22
- Jureidini, J. N., McHenry, L. B., & Mansfield, P. R. 2008. Clinical trials and drug promotion: Selective reporting of study 329. Intern Journ Risk and Safety in Medicine, 20(1–2), 73–81.
- Lacasse JR, Leo J. 2010. Ghostwriting at elite academic medical centers in the United States. PLoS Medicine [Internet], Feb 2;7(2), e1000230. Available from: http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pmed.10002
- Matheson, A. 2011. How industry uses the ICMJE guidelines to manipulate authorship—and how they should be revised. PLoS Medicine [Internet], 8(8), e1001072. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001072. Available from: http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pmed.1001072
- Moffatt B, Elliott C. 2007. Ghost marketing: Pharmaceutical companies and ghostwritten journal articles. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine [Internet], [cited 2011 Feb 2];50(1), 18–31. Available from: http://www.webcitation.org/5wJIVyU8j
- Sismondo S. 2007. Ghost management: How much of the medical literature is shaped behind the scenes by the pharmaceutical industry? PLoS Medicine [Internet]. Sep [cited 2011 Feb 2];4(9), e286. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.0040286
- Medical Ghostwriting: A University–Sanctioned Sleight of Hand?
Volume 49, Issue 4 , pp 310-312
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links