The College Class at Work and Home
- William Weston
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
- Abbott, A. 1988. The system of professions: An essay on the division of expert labor. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Bourdieu, P. 1984 . Distinction: The Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, Translated by Richard Nice.
- Brint, S. 1994. In an age of experts: The changing role of professionals in politics and public life. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Freidson, E. 1986. Professional powers: A study of the institutionalization of formal knowledge. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Lamont, M. 1992. Money, manners, and morals: The culture of the French and American upper-middle class. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Lamont, M. 2002. The dignity of working men: Morality and the boundaries of race, class, and immigration. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- MacDonald, K. 1995. The sociology of the professions. London: Sage Publications.
- Schneider, B., & Waite L. J. The 500 Family Study [1998–2000: United States] [Computer file]. ICPSR04549-v1. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2008-05-30. doi:10.3886/ICPSR04549.
- Schneider, B., & Waite, L. J. 2005. Being together, working apart: Dual-career families and the work-life balance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Soares, J. 2007. The power of privilege: Yale and America’s elite colleges. Palo Alto: Stanford University Press.
- The College Class at Work and Home
Volume 48, Issue 3 , pp 236-241
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- William Weston (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Centre College, Danville, KY, 40422, USA