Against fiduciary media
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An erratum to this article is available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12113-998-1012-5.
- Block, Walter. 1988. “Fractional Reserve Banking: An Interdisciplinary Perspective.” In Man, Economy, and Liberty: Essays in Honor of Murray N. Rothbard, Walter Block and Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., eds. Auburn, Ala.: Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- De Soto, Jesús Huerta. 1995. “A Critical Analysis of Central Banks and Fractional-Reserve Free Banking from the Austrian Perspective.” Review of Austrian Economics 8, no. 2:25–38. CrossRef
- Garrison, Roger W. 1996. “Central Banking, Free Banking, and Financial Crises.” Review of Austrian Economics 9, no. 2:109–27. CrossRef
- Hayek, F.A. 1935. Prices and Production. London: Routledge.
- Hazlitt, Henry. 1983. The Failure of the “New Economics”: An Analysis of the Keynesian Fallacies. Lanham, Maryland: University Press of America.
- Hoppe, Hans-Hermann. 1988. “From the Economics of Laissez-Faire to the Ethics of Libertarianism.” In Man, Economy, and Liberty: Essays in Honor of Murray N. Rothbard. Walter Block and Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., eds. Auburn, Ala.: Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- —————. 1990. “Banking, Nation States, and International Politics.” Review of Austrian Economics 4:55–87. CrossRef
- —————. 1993. “The Theory of Employment, Money, Interest, and the Capitalist Process: The Misesian Case against Keynes.” In The Economics and Ethics of Private Property. Norwell, Mass.: Kluwer.
- —————. 1994. “How is Fiat Money Possible?—or, The Devolution of Money and Credit.” Review of Austrian Economics 7, no. 2:49–74. CrossRef
- —————. 1997. “On Certainty and Uncertainty, Or: How Rational Can Our Expectations Be?” Review of Austrian Economics 10, no. 1:49–78. CrossRef
- Hülsmann, Jörg Guido. 1996. “Free Banking and the Free Bankers.” Review of Austrian Economics 9, no. 1:3–53. CrossRef
- -----. 1997. “Banking and Political Centralization.” Journal of Libertarian Studies 13, no. 1.
- Jevons, William Stanley. 1905. Money and the Mechanism of Exchange. London: Kegan Paul.
- Keynes, John Maynard. 1936. The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money. New York: Harcourt, Brace.
- Knight, Frank H. 1971. Risk, Uncertainty, and Profit. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Mises, Ludwig von. 1966. Human Action: A Treatise on Economics, 3rd rev. ed. Chicago: Contemporary Books.
- —————. 1978. The Theory of Money and Credit. Irvington-on-Hudson, N.Y.: Foundation for Economic Education.
- —————. 1990. “The Position of Money among Economic Goods.” In Money, Method, and the Market Process. Richard Ebeling, ed. Boston: Kluwer.
- Rothbard, Murray N. 1956. “Toward A Reconstruction of Utility and Welfare Economics.” In On Freedom and Free Enterprise: The Economics of Free Enterprise. Mary Sennholz, ed. Princeton: D. Van Nostrand.
- ————— 1983a. America’s Great Depression. New York: Richardson and Snyder.
- ————— 1983b. The Mystery of Banking. New York: Richardson and Snyder.
- ————— 1988. “The Myth of Free Banking in Scotland.” Review of Austrian Economics 2:229–57. CrossRef
- ————— 1992. “Aurophobia: or, Free Banking on What Standard?” Review of Austrian Economics 6, no. 1:97–108. CrossRef
- ————— 1993. Man, Economy, and State. Auburn, Ala.: Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- -----. 1995. “The Present State of Austrian Economics.” Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines 6, no. 2.
- Salerno, Joseph T. 1991. “Two Traditions in Modern Monetary Theory: John Law and A.R.J. Turgot.” Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines 2, no.2/3.
- ————— 1991. “The Concept of Coordination in Austrian Macroeconomics.” In Austrian Economics: Perspectives on the Past and Prospects for the Future. Richard Ebeling, ed. Hillsdale, Mich.: Hillsdale College Press.
- ————— 1993. “Mises and Hayek Dehomogenized.” Review of Austrian Economics 6, no. 2:113–46. CrossRef
- ————— 1994. “Ludwig von Mises’s Monetary Theory in Light of Modern Monetary Thought.” Review of Austrian Economics 8, no. 1:71–115. CrossRef
- Selgin, George A. 1988. The Theory of Free Banking: Money Supply under Competitive Note Issue. Totowa, N.J.: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Selgin, George A., and Lawrence H. White. 1996. “In Defense of Fiduciary Media—or, We are Not Devo(lutionists), We are Misesians!” Review of Austrian Economics 9, no. 2:83–107. CrossRef
- White, Lawrence H. 1989. Competition and Currency. New York: New York University Press.
- -----. 1990. Review of “Man, Economy, and Liberty: Essays in Honor of Murray N. Rothbard.” Journal of Economic Literature (June): 664–65.
- Against fiduciary media
The Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics
Volume 1, Issue 1 , pp 19-50
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links