Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The keratocystic odontogenic tumor is a benign developmental tumor with many distinguishing clinical and histologic features. These characteristics are reviewed in the setting of a typical presentation. The newly acknowledged neoplastic potential and its implications for treatment strategies are also discussed.
- Barnes L, Eveson JW, Reichart P, Sidransky D, editors. World health organization classification of tumours: pathology and genetics of head and neck tumours. Lyon: IARC Press; 2005.
- Thompson L, Goldblum J, editors. Head and neck pathology; a volume in the series foundations in diagnostic pathology. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2006.
- Chi A, Owings J, Muller S. Peripheral odontogenic keratocyst: report of two cases and review of the literature. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2005;99:71–8. CrossRef
- Press S. Odontogenic tumors of the maxillary sinus. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;16:47–54. CrossRef
- Shear M. The aggressive nature of the odontogenic keratocyst: is it a benign cystic neoplasm? Part 2 proliferation and genetic studies. Oral Onco. 2002;38:323–331. CrossRef
- Giuliani M, Grossi G, Lajolo C, Bisceglia M, Herb K. Conservative management of a large odontogenic keratocyst: report of a case and review of the literature. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006;64:308–16. CrossRef
- Blanas N, Freund B, Schwartz M, Furst I. Systematic Review of treatment and prognosis in the odontogenic keratocyst. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2000;90:553–8. CrossRef
- Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor
Head and Neck Pathology
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 94-96
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Humana Press Inc
- Additional Links